GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"old pc games - whats the best?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/02/04 at 18:53
Regular
what do you think the best realy old pc game is?
i recon it is shadow caster but you decide
Sat 06/03/04 at 16:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Der Nazi wrote:
> In the Star Wars stake, 'Mysteries of the Sith' looked good as well.
> Unfortunately, I only ever owned the demo...

It was actually an expansion pack to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, another great Star Wars game. I got them both togeter in one pack and while Sith had some nice levels, it never topped Jedi Knight.
Sat 06/03/04 at 14:34
Regular
"eat toast!"
syndicate wars, theme park, beneath a steel sky, doom, doom 2, wing commander and normality. All of them fantastic.
Sat 06/03/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
In the Star Wars stake, 'Mysteries of the Sith' looked good as well. Unfortunately, I only ever owned the demo...
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Oh... and X-Wing Alliance wasn't too bad, just not as good as Tie Fighter...
Wed 03/03/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I still reckon Tie Fighter was one of the best games of all time....
Wed 03/03/04 at 16:11
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Pity Lucasarts can't craft games of such
> quality anymore.

Ever since the advent of DirectX, their quality has been poor unless a third party (I.e. Raven) has written the software.

They were Gods of Dos.
Wed 03/03/04 at 15:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nice to see other people appreciate just how good Tie Fighter was. I can’t believe I didn't add it to my list. I've long since felt that Tie Fighter was one of the finest Star Wars games around, being put in the bad guys shoes for a change and have the chance to play around with a whole bunch of new toys that you've never been given the chance to operate before was a great idea that payed off.

It was long game too, it took me ages to get through and the campaigns took me days to complete. I also like the posh guy who gave you briefing, no matter how urgent of dangerous the mission he always sounded his jolliest. Pity Lucasarts can't craft games of such quality anymore.
Tue 02/03/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Cyclone wrote:
> UFO: Enemy Unknown - Terrifying.

Agreed :) That's my fave too.
Tue 02/03/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:
> Dune 2 - Insanley fiddly, but wonderful. Nasty as well - bleak

I never managed to finish that game. The Harkonnen "Hand Of Death" on the last level just made me grind my teeth with the unfairness of it.....
Tue 02/03/04 at 11:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
UFO: Enemy Unknown - Terrifying. Attacking an Alien base populated by Etherels....... *ug*

Transport Tycoon: Deluxe - Like Cipro.Loved it. Endless game, and I hate managment titles usually, except for Champ Man

Chuckie Egg - Horribly addictive

Carrier Command - Well, on Amiga. Strategy action at it's most basic and best

Command & Conquer - Big, brash and unclever genius

Dune 2 - Insanley fiddly, but wonderful. Nasty as well - bleak

Civilisation 1/2 - Possibly the best games ever, have to get III. Civ 2 ate my life, especially with the added scenario packs. Wonderful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.