GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XI"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XI'.
Fri 27/02/04 at 12:28
Regular
"¬_¬"
I have FF11 and it's uber-amazing. At the moment I've played about 200 hours and I'm a lv. 18 WHM and lv. 13 BLM. It's f'ing slow to get going and it's really hard to make money, but it's properly fun to play and I've had some great parties with uber- Japanese players :D.

Only trouble is, the servers have had 6 hours downtime over the past 2 days due to server maintenance and updates :'(. All, coincidentally, between 6pm and 9pm - prime gaming time :D. :(
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:22
Regular
didn.t?

Oh my.
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:21
Regular
The PS2 Hard Drive is being released at the same time as FFXI. There will even be a bundle of the two for $100.

40Gb in case you didn.t know.
Fri 27/02/04 at 19:21
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Whats all this news about a harware for the FF11, is it just an add on because the game is so long, if so, it would only be needed for the PS2, wont it?
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
½pint wrote:

> Only trouble is, the servers have had 6 hours downtime over the past
> 2 days due to server maintenance and updates :'(. All,
> coincidentally, between 6pm and 9pm - prime gaming time :D. :(

For english gamers yes, however seeing as it's actually meant for the US and Japanese audience then the server maintenance was done at a time that suited them where there were the fewest players online. It's the downside of playing the game in England.

So i take it if you're posting here that you have the PS2 version of the game. Does that mean if i buy it when i'm over here in Canada and take it back to play on my modded PS2 i'll be able to play online? Or will it be ultra slow and laggy
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
NBA Legend wrote:
> He is obviously using a PC version because you cant play US games on a
> UK PS2

I think you'll find he has a Jap import model in a nice Aqua colour :)
Fri 27/02/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
He is obviously using a PC version because you cant play US games on a UK PS2, unless he has a US version PS2 or that thingy that lets you play imported games. I saw FF11 on ebay for £44.99 which is reasonable seeing as its not even come out in the UK yet but wouldn't you rather play it with lots of people from your own country? I would, it would'nt be fun to import it cos when the game is release in the UK you would'nt be that interested in it, my advice to all the people without FF11 is to wait, you've still got to complete X-2 and CC.
Fri 27/02/04 at 12:51
Regular
*drools*
Fri 27/02/04 at 12:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Duuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr-bwain!
Fri 27/02/04 at 12:45
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> VI is not XI
>
> durrrrr

I know, FFVI isn't exactly online now is it?

durrrrr

:P
Fri 27/02/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
1/2 Pint, are you using the PC version or the PS2 one?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.