GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Street Fighter or King of Fighters?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 02:18
Regular
This is basically for the beet-um-up fans ok!

Right then here are two very good beet-em-up series but what I want to know is which one you think is the best!

STREET FIGHTER - For me it represents the phrase beet-em-up. It as been with me all the way through childhood I loved it since the very fist instance I took a hold of the arcade stick and played the game, which was of course street fighter 2. I played the arcade version, the music the characters I loved it all. It made me wish that I had mounds of change to keep playing as my favourate character RYU. Since that day I have enjoyed pounding people with RYU in this series. My favourate game of the series at the mo street fighter alpha 3 (I welcome any challangers) with the cool look of the game the combo's the special moves, it has me infront of a bright screen for hours on end practacing, striving to become the best player ever (which of course will probably never happen).
All I can say for this is CAPCOM keep it up dont let people keep saying "oh the series is getting old, its all the same blah blah blah" cos I love them all and frown apon people who dis this awsome series.

KING OF FIGHTERS - What this is to me is like snes vs megadrive both very good the only two main competitors in the arina (though of course in that instance the snes kicked butt sorry sega I like u but it was true). I like this series allthough I have only being playing the games for a couple of months or so I can see why it is enjoyed by beet-em-up fans all over the world. The animations etc of this game where better than street fighters from the start but now I think they are about matched. The music in this series is amazing they are tunes you can really tap ur feet to whilst performing ur best move which will probably kill ur aponant. The backgrounds in this series are also brill, I especially like the one in KOF99 in the air port, it changes after each round, pure class! I like the games but for me they are much harder to get into and the moves are much more difficult to perform, well the ones that look really really good and drain ur apponants energy are anyway.
All I can say for this game is thats its a very good game and SNK keep it up!

But as I said at the start which is better the street fighter series or the king of fighters series?

For me the winner is the street fighter series but dont hate me for it if u dont like my opinion (and thats all it is) just tell me which one you think is the best and why.
Mon 13/08/01 at 19:39
Well? come on people use ur imagination!!!
Sun 12/08/01 at 20:21
well? what do people think?
Fri 10/08/01 at 22:33
New Jimmy wrote:
> I prefer Streetfighter myself, although Capcom did release
> "Capcom vs SNK" for the playstation, worth picking up a
> copy if you like both games!

I love that game it has the best of both worlds the supramity of street fighter yet the class of King of Fighters if u ask me its probably one of the best 2d beat-em-up's (Beet-em-ups) sorry bout the mistakes in the original post)in the arcades (and on the dreamcast) at the mo.
Fri 10/08/01 at 21:57
I prefer Streetfighter myself, although Capcom did release "Capcom vs SNK" for the playstation, worth picking up a copy if you like both games!
Fri 10/08/01 at 21:56
"possibly impossible"
no, no, no...Beet-em-up. The aim of the game being to eat more beetroot that your opponent without being sick.
Fri 10/08/01 at 21:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Beet? No no I think its Beat yes?
Fri 10/08/01 at 15:18
Grix`s Brain wrote:
> Ken was gay. Nothing wrong with that, but it sometimes comes as a
> shock to a lot of people.

Especially his wife at the end of Street Fighter 2!!!
Fri 10/08/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Ken was gay? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

My role model for all these years, I had no idea!

(streetfighter is far, far better than KOF, but DOA2 is better)
Fri 10/08/01 at 13:52
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
King of Fighters is really good , but Street Fighter is the king. Not just because of the characters , but because of that cool little musical number you used to get if you paused it on the SNES version! Anyone remember that?
Fri 10/08/01 at 13:41
Ken was gay. Nothing wrong with that, but it sometimes comes as a shock to a lot of people.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.