GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need more music!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/08/01 at 01:25
Regular
Well it is late and I am getting tired but lets get to the point.

I love music and once I find a band I like I become addicted to them and read up on them and buy all their music.

The two bands that I love are Radiohead and Manic Street Preachers... meaning I know all history on them and have all albums and buy singles to get more of their music on the B-sides.

There are bands that I think are good and on the off chance by one or two of their albums being... U2, Green Day, Blur, Oasis, Travis, Coldplay and The Verve. etc

A few more but I can't think... well out of them I am wondering to buy more of their albums and get into them even though many have split...

Well what I am asking you is what other bands do you think I would like that I may not have discovered yet, along the way of the bands above.

All help appreciated :)
Sat 18/08/01 at 16:23
Goaty, you've used that joke before!
Fri 17/08/01 at 16:40
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
hmmmmm, the joke was in poor taste i think... though it wasn't the currants... I heard that he got pulled under by one of those dumb American boats with the big turning wheel thing at the front.
Anyways I got the album today it cost me £15 which makes the CD-wow price more than a little annoying. It is truly wonderful though, I think it beats Mystery White Boy by a long way... I'm currently trying to build up a collection of the EP's I've got Grace and Eternal Life, and, get this, Live at the Sin-e.. I looked for that one everywhere and it is allegedly very rare. Well WHSmiths on-line have bizarrely got it in stock and apparently it fetches up to £20. Either they've released a few more on to the market or WHSmiths is just lying to me. I got it at a CD fair in the end because Smiths don't accept Solo cards, but it was worth it in a sad Buckley collector kinda way.
Well I've just had an idea... Check out the new Buckley discussion line
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wasn't Jeff Bukley murdered by raisins?

Oh no, sorry..dragged off by currents
Fri 17/08/01 at 12:14
I got the video, and man it does rock.

The new album can be found on CDWOW.com for £8.99, which is a pretty damn good price.

Go on, get it now.
Thu 16/08/01 at 18:45
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
I have Sketches.. but that's not important.. new album?!!! Where can I find it?!?!?! Personally I am hooked on Grace and I really recommend the Live in Chicago DVD it even features a cover of Kick out the Jams! The only problem is a couple of idiots who call for hallelujah all the way through the set. But it is a masterful performance.
Wed 15/08/01 at 23:46
Check out Tim Buckley aswell.

Jeff rules, I got his 'new' album 'live at l'olympia' yesterday. Mojo pin is lovely, I'm hooked on 'Corpus christi', his voice is just phenomenal.

Have you got the album made after his death, 'Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk'?
Tue 14/08/01 at 13:19
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
If you like Radiohead then the only real alternative is Jeff Buckley, Thom Yorke is supposed to have written the Bends after going to see Senor Buckley in concert. Jeff Buckley is the greatest musician ever to have lived; it is really that simple! Also he only released one complete studio album before being tragically killed in an accident on the river. 'Grace' is the studio album, but you can also get 'Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk', which is a double album made up of songs which he was going to record for his second album, which would have been a classic. A DVD's also knocking around of him playing live at Chicago. If you want one track to convince you of his brilliance then Grace itself isn't a bad starting point, but I really recommend you buy the album, it's quite cheap in most shops and you will be hooked from the very first notes of Mojo Pin. If you thought Thom Yorke had a great voice you really haven't heard Jeff Buckley.
Mon 13/08/01 at 23:52
Your Honour wrote:
I thought the Strokes album
> wasn't out for another month or so?

True, but the singles are top class if you can find them, and I found a site recently with the whole album available on download.

I'll try and find the address for y'all.
Sat 11/08/01 at 17:34
Have you tried Feeder?
They're a great band that do all different kinds of rock music. If you wanna know more then go to my forum under "DVD, Movie, TV and Music," it's called "Feeder - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow."
Thu 09/08/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The day The Sun start seriously critiquing music is the day I become virtueos and angelic.

Mo'Solid Gold are top

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.