GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Get Beyond Good & Evil"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Beyond Good and Evil'.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:33
Regular
Really, this is a brilliant, brilliant game.

Yes, it only lasts around 10 to 15 hours, but the gameplay makes up for that tenfold. It's one of the best games I've played in ages and up there with the likes of Zelda as an astounding adventure title.

Plus, it's only £20.

Really, if it doesn't get a sequel, I'm blaming you lot.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:33
Regular
Really, this is a brilliant, brilliant game.

Yes, it only lasts around 10 to 15 hours, but the gameplay makes up for that tenfold. It's one of the best games I've played in ages and up there with the likes of Zelda as an astounding adventure title.

Plus, it's only £20.

Really, if it doesn't get a sequel, I'm blaming you lot.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:34
Regular
Way ahead of you...

Although in Cambridge the game cannot be found anywhere and my small independant retailer got 6 in and has 1 left.

So hopefully it is doing well.

Prince of Persia on the other hand has a REALLY bad camera... I noticed it was annoying before but fighting a hoard of birds through whilst looking at a leaf is far harder than it should be.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's not REALLY bad. I think it's pretty good most of the time, and only occasionally does it get stuck behind things. It gets slightly worse towards the end, but I used that cinematic camera for all that outside tower climbing, because zooming in on yourself just looks so cool.
I thought Prince of Persia was awesome, and even though it wasn't very long, that's how I like my games nowadays.
When I get a spare £20 I'll buy BG&E because it looks like my sort of game, although I don't think it'll be as good as PoP.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:40
Regular
Yeah I prefer short games these days.

Zelda is an exception mind.

POP is great... I just slammed through 20% of the game and i loved it.

But the camera got in the way at least 25 times... it drove me to distraction.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You have to put some effort in and control it yourself.
I thought that Zelda was a good length. Took me about the same time to complete as PoP I think. Maybe a bit more.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:55
Regular
Zelda took me about 3 weeks of solid play. POP has nearly been finished in a little over a week of on-off play.

POP is fantastic... but when the camera keeps switching back to it's fixed position, zooming around behind curtains, leaves etc... it makes me want to scream.

The game is brilliant but the camera would have made it one of the games of the generation... like XIII there is just one flaw that damages the game as a whole.

One flaw that both games should be fixed by a well placed sequel.
Sun 29/02/04 at 16:56
What flaw is that in XIII?
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:00
Regular
Not a major flaw only a few small flaws.

Dated control system...

Too easy...

Worlds Worst Multiplayer.

To be continued?

But like POP it is so damn amazing... just the odd flaw that means Ubi-soft are about to match RARE, Free Radical, Namco, Capcom, Nintendo, SEGA, Konami and square as one of the best companies ever... but not quite there yet.
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:03
Regular
I loved the ending, and it wasn't so easy that you didn't enjoy it. Plus you can change the difficulty.

Can't see anything wrong with the control system, mind, they're fluid, easy-to-use, no problems.

Multiplayer is a disaster though.
Sun 29/02/04 at 17:04
How bad is loading?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.