GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:57
Well the name is confirmed then; just got an email off their list, it's San Andreas.
Mon 01/03/04 at 18:57
Well the name is confirmed then; just got an email off their list, it's San Andreas.
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:04
Regular
i was a good guess that it would be san andreas, liberty city, vice city and san andreas were the names of the cities from the first game.
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:05
Regular
sorry that was ment to read *it was
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:07
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I expected it to be San Andreas from the start, due to the same reasons Legendary Link gave.
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:38
"period drama"
So did everyone else, then they started going on about Vegas for some reason.

As long as they do something different than 'MUH! MORE GUNS!" I'll be happy. Less guns would be better - GTA3's range beats Vice City's.
Mon 01/03/04 at 19:44
Regular
"..."
I knew it was San Andreas because it was mentioned in opsm2
Mon 01/03/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I would like the next GTA game to be a little more like GTA3 than VC. I prefered it when my character didn't speak, it made it feel as if I 'was' the main character, instead of just controlling someone's movements.

And I thought the city design in GTA3 was also better, it was more grid shaped so it made for some good tight turning when you were chasing someone, or vice versa. But if it is indeed titled San Andreas, it should be along the lines of San Fran, so there should be plenty of jumps and stuff to make some fun moments.

And if it's moving back to the modern day, they shouldn't include a lisensed soundtrack because modern music can't match that of Vice City, and they should get Laslow back onto a chat station.
Tue 02/03/04 at 06:27
Regular
Paintball guns should be included in the SA. Not actually killing someone but watching them writhe in pain covered in pink, green and yellow paint would be quite funny.

Maybe even a paintball mini-game á-la Stadium in Vice City...

But yes, they need to think hard about the level design. That is the main priority IMO. Vice City was good, but it could have been so much better given a level design as good as GTA3.
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:54
"period drama"
GTA3's layout was much better - until you got to the hilly bit on the 3rd island (can't even rememver what it was called now ...) which was confusing and quite annoying.
Tue 02/03/04 at 19:55
"period drama"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Paintball guns should be included in the SA. Not actually killing
> someone but watching them writhe in pain covered in pink, green and
> yellow paint would be quite funny.
>
> Maybe even a paintball mini-game á-la Stadium in Vice City...

That would be pretty cool.
A painball minigun and a painball rocket launcher especially.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.