GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'Invisible War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Deus Ex: Invisible War'.
Sun 07/03/04 at 19:17
Regular
lovely B] lovely [/B] game :^) 'bit overwhemling but with the choices and things you can get up to, Creepy likes it muchly.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:21
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:
>
> An aspect included in TimeSplitters 2, may I point out.

Which went seriously well with playing at a fast speed in multiplayer with an engine using a low level of accuracy, I think not.
Sat 13/03/04 at 22:19
Regular
"8==="
Maverick42 wrote:

> Definitely one of the better shooters of this generation.

From an arcade perspective possibly. I still prefer, and have spent more time on, pretty much every other FPS released for Xbox with a multiplayer mode.

timesplitters falls very short as far as player satisfaction goes if you ask me, and it's all a bit too 'throwaway'.

Classic from an arcade perspective, uninspiring from many others.
Fri 12/03/04 at 22:00
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Sniper rifles encourage stealth.
>
> I've even managed to play parts of Serious Sam with a bit of stealth
> due to a handy Sniper Rifle.

An aspect included in TimeSplitters 2, may I point out.

It may have had fleeting moments of stealth and depth here and there, but the point is it set out to achieve a new level of fun and arcade gameplay in the FPS genre, and it accomplished this with honours. Many games' major failing these days is to take the focus off fun in favour of presentation or depth, but TimeSplitters 2 stands out because it succeeded so greatly in creating an ultimately enjoyable playing experience.

Definitely one of the better shooters of this generation.
Fri 12/03/04 at 17:08
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's on my 'hmmmmmm, maybe' list.
Fri 12/03/04 at 11:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
tributé wrote:
> they gave the game 4.5...

Idiots.

'wwaaa, it's clunky, waaa, it's ugly'

And?

In 4-player, it's utter genius.

Ask AfroJoe.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Sniping is the best thing ever.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:26
Regular
"8==="
Sniper rifles encourage stealth.

I've even managed to play parts of Serious Sam with a bit of stealth due to a handy Sniper Rifle.

Ultiomately an FPS is 99.9% of the time going to involve you killing something at some point. How you accomplish this is where stealth comes in, sneaking up behind someone and knifing them is being stealthy and going for a silent kill for instance, as is waiting for an unsuspecting target to wander in range rather than going in all guns blazing, most FPS games will allow you to do this nowadays.
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:16
Regular
"tokyo police club"
they gave the game 4.5...
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That Conflict Desert Storm 4-player co-op isn't fun?

HAH!
Thu 11/03/04 at 19:00
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Gamespot don't seem to agree...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.