GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox will shrivel and die"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/08/01 at 17:34
Regular
I don't think that I'm the only person that is adamant that the Xbox will probably be the biggest flop ever in the history of console gaming. The have got no really exciteable games, as most are either PC conversions, on other consoles as well, or made by some unknown foreign developer, whos greatest title is Ultra pinball chess or similar. Anyone who is looking forward to the Xbox must be shot. Does anyone disagree?
Wed 08/08/01 at 17:59
Regular
mace wrote:
but the reason I put down
> Xbox is because of my hate for Microsoft,

'Nuff said. You hate Microsoft, thats hardly a reason for completely talking crap and slating the XBox, is it?

You've ignored all the facts and just chose to put the XBox becuase you don't like MS. I don't like Sony, but I still respect that the PSX and the PS2 were/are damn fine machines. I don't buy one because they're not my cup of tea.
Wed 08/08/01 at 17:55
Regular
"who da man???"
Your Honour wrote:
This is the kind of response you get from
> (most, not all) PS2 owners when discussing the XBox. They put down
> the XBox for the same reasons as they have a PS2.

But I'm not a PS2 owner, I prefer Nintendo & Gamecube. I know that Gamecube will be much better than Xbox, but the reason I put down Xbox is because of my hate for Microsoft, and possibly because if Gamecube doesn't do well, Microsoft might take Nintendo's place and put it out of business.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:30
Regular
If you read my post a couple down, you'll see what I mean.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
How can people be jealous if it isn't even out yet? If they were jealous they would just go and buy one.
Wed 08/08/01 at 14:19
Regular
Hmmmm, no responses to this. Maybe that shows I'm right, that PS2 owners are just jealous of the XBox....

THAT should get a response!

:-)
Tue 07/08/01 at 21:17
Regular
mace wrote:
> But I heard that the Xbox is turning into a mini-PC, with a Hard> drive, disk drive, Internet browser, Dvd drive etc, all available to> buy seperately. If someone wanted that, wouldn't they buy a PC? Us> folks in the gaming community like to guy GAMES consoles for gaming,> rather than multimedia devices. The Xbox will be sort of like WAP
> phones, we won't buy something we don't want, and that is why WAP is> unsuccessful. The Xbox will be exactly the same (unless fools like> you buy it)

This is the kind of response you get from (most, not all) PS2 owners when discussing the XBox. They put down the XBox for the same reasons as they have a PS2.

"Oh the XBox has a DVD drive, whats the point that?"
"But your PS2 has one as well."
"Oh yeah, but thats because, I ... err."
"Shut up."

"Why does the XBox have 'net access built in."
"To go on the 'net, an adapter is out for the PS2 as well."
"Yeah, well that'll be handy, but I don't why the XBox has one."

"The Xbox is having a HDD. Like, Why?"
"To save games, same as the PS2 is having a HDD released soon."
"Yeah, but you'll need one for a PS2 but not for an .... er... uh."
"Shut up"

Basically, the XBox has all the add ons of the PS2 (HDD, 'net connection) at the same price as a PS2 at launch, without all the extras.

I really can't see why PS2 owners are slating the XBox. It;s aimed at the same market, with the same faetures, DVD, HDD, internet etc.

Could it be because their scared of the XBox? Could it be that they are annoyed because most of the addons they have to buy for the PS2 come as standard with the XBox?

No? Well shut up then, stop contradicting yourselves.

If you've got a PS2 because you enjoy the games? Fair enough, no complaint from me, but by the same means, judge the XBox by it's games. Titles like Jet Set Radio Future, Crazy Taxi Future (I think), Halo, Project Gotham Racing, GP3, Black and White, Metal Gear X, Silent Hill X, Max Payne and plenty more show that the XBox will have good games.

With 156 developers signed up for the XBox, including names like: Acclaim, Activision, Capcom, Criterion Software, Crave, Core Design, DMA, Havas... the list goes on and on.

The biggest name on the list is undoubtedly Sega. With 10million DC's sold worldwide, come next year, there'll be 10 million people looking to see where Sega is heading. Admittedly some may have gone to the PS2, but that still leaves enough to make a difference.

As Sega seem to be supporting the XBox most at the moment, it would seem a good move for Sega loving fans, like myself, to get an XBox.
Tue 07/08/01 at 20:45
Regular
"who da man???"
This afternoon I was downloading Gamecube footage, when I decided to compare Gamecube to Xbox. Rather than just looking at sequels (SSX, Tony Hawks, MGS, Oddworld) I decided to look at some original games. After much hard work finding one, the footage was a shoddy FMV of a game who's name I've forgotten. Compared to Gamecube, Xbox is a joke.
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:54
Regular
"who da man???"
Yup. And sorry for saying if nobody buys it, i mean when nobody buys it.
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:51
Wicked!
Sun 05/08/01 at 22:50
Regular
"who da man???"
That really depends, doesn't it, because if nobody buys Xbox, video game shops will be alive with flashing lights and fireworks noises.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.