GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves [the return of]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/01/07 at 23:10
Regular
As many of you will remember, the 'pet peeves' was good ol' SR rant, with everyone venting their annoyances. On the internet. Score.

Well anyway.. for those of you who have no idea what it's about, you basically list the things that get on your nerves, with a little rant about why under each.

Yet now, it's basically just anything that annoys you really

Warning.. this could be a long, long rant

People who say 'me' when talking about going somewhere

I realise, this sounds a bit strange, but what I mean is the people who talk about who's gonna be somewhere they've been talking about, when you both know you're going.. then when you ask who else is they say "me, etc". Gah!

We was

It's we were. It's really not that hard. Plain and simple.

You know what I mean?

I'm sure everyone's said or heard it a good few times in their life, when people feel the need to qualify what they've just said with 'know what I mean?', when it's totally unecessary. Blargh!

Dog crap

Come on, pick it up! How hard can it possbily be to just bend down and scoop it up.. or simply just make sure your dog doesn't lay a ten pounder right in the middle of the pavement, usually somewhere in the dark where it can't be seen. Best of all, it's next to impossible not to stand in it, then, the grip on your shoes that's been wearing for the last three years and is almost non-existent suddenly becomes flypaper for little chunks of dog dump.

Saturday Night tv

Let's be honest, it's one of the nights of the week that people would be more than happy to sit down to a little tv about the time you come in from work, or as you stagger home in a paralytic state.. yet all that's ever on is 'Ant and Dec's grab yourself a brain' or the after-midnight slot of quiz shows, that are simply moneygrabbing and pathetic.

Leering O.A.Ps

Maybe leering is too harsh a word, yet, you only have to walk past a pensioner these days for them to give you a look you'd expect Jack the Ripper to get as he walks down the road in a trail of blood, clutching a severed head.. or simply one filled with hatred. When I say walk past I don't mean swaggering past in the escaped-convict look, I mean walking past casually, maybe even giving a slight nod or smile that quickly dies on your lips.

People are never there when you want them to be

I don't mean this in the 'boo-hoo I need a shoulder to cry on' sense, more that whenever you actually need to speak to someone about something you're doing, you almost always never see them.. yet when you don't really care if a person's around or not.. there they are! all the time!

Now that's what I call Music!

Well, it's what I call awful. I hate the chart music, and it's completely beyond me why they felt the need to release more than one 'album' of this in the first place =|

Car Alarms

It's 2am. You're just drifting off to sleep. Outside in the lane and ant coughs and... BEEEEEP! BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! on the ten second mark, every ten seconds, for the next few hours. Arrrrgh!

Chewing Gum

There's almost nothing I like about the stuff, and genuinely can't stand the appeal of little strips of plastic coated in sugar. Having said that, I've never even had a piece in my mouth in my life. I get put off mainly by the smell of it.. warm on people's breath is horrible, and the disgusting, sticky little balls that get everywhere. Usually in your hair or all over your shoes.

Mayonnaise

Why the hell does it have to be in everything?! It doesn't mind things together, it just looks and tastes horrible, dribbling all over your clean clothes out the side of a sandwich. Hellman's makes it? Hellman's ruins it.

iTunes

It's about the worst music transferring programme imaginable, half the point of an MP3 player to remove some of the space from your pc, and yet should you want to delete anything from iTunes, the next time you try and add something else the thing that isn't there anymore will be deleted. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was only music, yet films to take me days to download - that I then want off my hardrive - are gone forever.

Age ratings

Thanks BBFC for attempting to protect our children from films they'll only watch with their parents anyway. It just seems to me that preventing people from buying alcohol and cigarettes is fair enough, but stopping people who are seventeen from buying eighteen related films and especially games is just pedantic.

DVD Boxsets

I like the amount of watching time you get out of a boxset, as compared to a film, yet the prices are too high for starters. Now sale prices on things like the American Dad boxset aren't too bad, only £9 for a boxset, but then that's only for a half series! Then there's things like the Simpsons which have only managed to release up to the now ancient Series Eight, yet charge in excess of £30 a set. Finally there's a popular, reasonably long-running series of Malcolm in the Middle which has yet to release any boxsets!

'Deals' and Catches

You've all been suckered in and annoyed by them I'm sure, yet they never stop getting on my nerves. You always seem to see a great deal which then either has so much small print that it's not a deal anymore, or is only available if you subscribe to something that then prevents you from quitting it.

The way the Simpsons went south

Let's be honest, until about Series Nine the Simpsons was brilliant, but then ended up with random endings to episodes that seemed to stem from nowhere, or too many series-specific jokes that aren't funny to those who don't watch 'em.

Stereotypical English 'toffs'

In almost every Hollywood film, English people are portrayed as rich stuck-up members of the 'upper class', rather than the normal people you would see around. We always seem to gain a part as a villain or a whiney, annoying character that you can't wait to die.

WHSmith

They over price everything, the DVDs are about three times the cost that they are anywhere else, the range of CDs is pretty poor and relatively expensive, and even the stationery they're good for seems quite pricey.

The cinema

It's extortion that the price of entry is over a fiver, let alone having to shell out more than £3 even for a small popcorn. I understand and quite like the mentality that to upgrade between sizes is only a matter of pence, yet, I think that should be between medium and large, with small about half the price.

Being PC

I hate the way that everything ever said on tv, in the media, or even in schools now has to be politically correct with people screaming 'racism' at every comment and even the extreme of changing the word 'brainstorm' to 'mindmap' as it might be deemed offensive to epileptics =|

Socks

You never seem to have enough. They usually contrast to the clothes you're wearing. You wear them inside out and don't notice. They quickly wear through or get unwashably dirty.

And that's how for now, kids
Thu 31/05/07 at 02:05
Regular
"Monochromatic"
PC Cable Ties
Nothing has caused me more stress in the last week than the little f**kers. I cant get them undone, meaning i have to cut them, then go out tomorrow and buy replacements.
Tue 15/05/07 at 14:39
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Buffering

It drives me insane!!!!!!!!!
Thu 10/05/07 at 04:31
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was walking around town yesterday and this one came to me.

Women With Slogans On Their T-shirts
Now whats the deal with this? I was walking around yesterday and this woman passed me with something written on her boobs. My natural reaction was to try and read what it said, then i got to thinking "Now if she see's my looking whats she going to think? Does she want me to look? Is this some sort of sick game women play with guys?" sort of like "I want you to look but i better not catch you"
Women are evil geniuses.
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I was reading between the lines ;)
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:56
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:
> Seraphim wrote:
> heh well its not as if there anything Xrated. Ill send that to
> you
>
> Thanks XxX

Cheeky get, editing that lol.
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> heh well its not as if there anything Xrated. Ill send that to you

Thanks XxX
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:51
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
heh well its not as if there anything Xrated. Ill save that hehe
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:44
Regular
"Monochromatic"
You like me looking? Dirty girl ;)
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:43
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:
> One sec, i'm gonna join you

Hey this just gets better lol
Fri 04/05/07 at 13:36
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Machie wrote:
> *drools over the photos*

One sec, i'm gonna join you

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.