GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFX-2 better than FFX??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy X-2'.
Wed 10/03/04 at 15:54
Regular
"Golfer"
is final fantasy 10-2 better than final fantasy 10? no way, sure FFX was a terable game but X-2 is just boring
Fri 12/03/04 at 20:41
Regular
FFX by far
Fri 12/03/04 at 16:50
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
lalakersrule wrote:
> It is good but however totally unrealistic. Yuna as a Dark Warrior?
> Sorry i can't buy that for a minute. Maybe if they had more
> characters who could learn only a certain number of jobs each then it
> would have added more tactical planning to battles

I agree but its still fun.
Fri 12/03/04 at 07:28
Regular
FFX
Fri 12/03/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Wakka wrote:

> I think its great. You say 'dressing up dolls' well its not like
> that. I don't know about you but i think being able to make the
> characters do different jobs in battle is a great idea. Instead of
> having Rikku the Thief, Yuna the White Mage, Lulu the Black Mage and
> Tidus, Auron, Wakka and Kimarhi as the warriors, you now have Rikku
> the ?, Paine the ?, Yuna the ?. I think it's great that one second
> Yuna could be firing off her guns at someone then the next second she
> could be casting a black magic spell. It's much more than 'dressing
> up dools', I can tell you that.

It is good but however totally unrealistic. Yuna as a Dark Warrior? Sorry i can't buy that for a minute. Maybe if they had more characters who could learn only a certain number of jobs each then it would have added more tactical planning to battles
Wed 10/03/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Safedisc_V2 wrote:
> Both games are, at best, average.
>
> Although if I really had to choose a ‘better’ game from the two, I
> would go with FFX.
>
> Dressing up dolls (in a virtual world or otherwise) is something that
> has never really interested me to be honest. And as such, FFX-2 was a
> huge disappointment - although I guess I should have seen it coming,
> as the whole FF series has been going down quicker than a cheap
> hooker.
>
> Xenosaga is a much better game on every level.

I think its great. You say 'dressing up dolls' well its not like that. I don't know about you but i think being able to make the characters do different jobs in battle is a great idea. Instead of having Rikku the Thief, Yuna the White Mage, Lulu the Black Mage and Tidus, Auron, Wakka and Kimarhi as the warriors, you now have Rikku the ?, Paine the ?, Yuna the ?. I think it's great that one second Yuna could be firing off her guns at someone then the next second she could be casting a black magic spell. It's much more than 'dressing up dools', I can tell you that.
Wed 10/03/04 at 17:32
Regular
"uncopyable"
Both games are, at best, average.

Although if I really had to choose a ‘better’ game from the two, I would go with FFX.

Dressing up dolls (in a virtual world or otherwise) is something that has never really interested me to be honest. And as such, FFX-2 was a huge disappointment - although I guess I should have seen it coming, as the whole FF series has been going down quicker than a cheap hooker.

Xenosaga is a much better game on every level.
Wed 10/03/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Pro Evo wrote:
> How anyone can say FFX is a terrible game i do not know (Yes that
> inlcudes you too Ben - you know who are you :p)

I have never said it's a terrible game, my stance on it is that it is a very average RPG that was overhyped to gigantic proportions due to the fact that Europe gets shafted on RPG's so there's hardly anything else to compare it to for those who don't import. Suikoden 3 (which had it's flaws too), Xenosaga, Arc the Lad and Disgaea to name a few are far better RPG's for me. Plus i'm also of the opinion that the FF series has been steadily getting worse ever since FF7. Hopefully FF12 will bring the quality back, but if not i always have the likes of La Pucelle Tactics, Star Ocean 3 and Xenosaga 2 to keep me happy.
Wed 10/03/04 at 16:55
Regular
"360: swfcman"
How anyone can say FFX is a terrible game i do not know (Yes that inlcudes you too Ben - you know who are you :p)

It wasnt the best FF to date, but i still found it a brilliant game to play through. Only just got FFX-2 so havent had a good go on it yet.
Wed 10/03/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I prefer FFX - 2.
Wed 10/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
RyanMetz wrote:
> FFX is much better than the other. But who thinks matt is gay

er...... who's matt?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.