GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google calling time on Internet Explorer 6!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/01/10 at 11:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It has been announced that Google is to phase out support for IE6 on some of its web site services, such as Google Docs and Google Sites, beginning in March of this year.

I think this is great news, with such a high profile company giving IE 6 the boot, and Microsoft under way on Internet Explorer 9, that hopefully IE 6 will see its remaining users upgrade or download a different browser, and Hmmm... can finally make use of my article CSS Rounded Corners - a feature you may not be familiar with!!! :)
Sat 30/01/10 at 11:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
It has been announced that Google is to phase out support for IE6 on some of its web site services, such as Google Docs and Google Sites, beginning in March of this year.

I think this is great news, with such a high profile company giving IE 6 the boot, and Microsoft under way on Internet Explorer 9, that hopefully IE 6 will see its remaining users upgrade or download a different browser, and Hmmm... can finally make use of my article CSS Rounded Corners - a feature you may not be familiar with!!! :)
Sat 30/01/10 at 12:37
"Are you sure?"
cjh wrote:
> ...and Hmmm... can finally make use of my article
> CSS Rounded Corners :)

Not yet!
I had only recently noticed that Freeola's own pages are different in IE and FF. The corners on the Tweets panel for example are rounded in FF but still square in IE7.
So it will take more than Google stopping support for IE6 to move things on for me. As long as I see LOTS of visitors using earlier versions of IE I'm still going to wait :¬P

It will be interesting to see if the MOD upgrade.
The BBC had an article this week about the MOD and IE6.

I get lots of MOD visitors using my latitude longitude page! Their (mod.uk) user agent always shows as "MSIE 6.0" so I'll be able to see when they change ;¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 30/01/10 at 12:44
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I dare you to user-agent sniff, and give them the message "missile system activated in 10, 9, 8 ..." and have some targets pinpointed on a map.

I double-dare you :)
Sat 30/01/10 at 12:59
"Are you sure?"
I think I better leave them alone!
Might use your S*Y details though :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 30/01/10 at 17:16
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I say...good. That's all.

Hmmm....'s new image is going to baffle me for a while.
Sat 30/01/10 at 17:43
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Hmmm....'s new image is going to baffle me for a while.

:¬)
Not sure why???

It's just an update on what I already had!
The 'SR splat' is still there.

HmmmUK is my user name on YouTube, @twitter etc.

The 'H' icon is what people get when they add my Freeola site to their iPhone/iPod Touch

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 30/01/10 at 18:39
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Warhunt wrote:
> Hmmm....'s new image is going to baffle me for a while.
>
> :¬)
> Not sure why???
>
> It's just an update on what I already had!
> The 'SR splat' is still there.
>
> HmmmUK is my user name on
> YouTube,
> @twitter etc.
>
> The 'H' icon is what people get when they add my
> Freeola site to their
> iPhone/iPod
> Touch

>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

Think the 'H' is good Hmmm, but the 'HmmmUK' at the bottom....a bit OTT :-)
Sat 30/01/10 at 18:54
"Are you sure?"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Think the 'H' is good Hmmm, but the 'HmmmUK' at the bottom....a
> bit OTT :-)

Thanks Dragonlance,
Always nice to receive feedback :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 30/01/10 at 19:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Dragonlance wrote:
> Think the 'H' is good Hmmm, but the 'HmmmUK' at the bottom....a
> bit OTT :-)
>
> Thanks Dragonlance,
> Always nice to receive feedback :¬)

Not a derogative comment Hmmm, just really liked your 'H'.....thought it was a good, simple and effective statement - centrally placed would be stunning:-)
Sat 30/01/10 at 19:57
Regular

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.