GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF is corrupting our children"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/08/01 at 15:11
Regular
Am I the only person who thinks that WWF is seriously affecting the children of this country? Go take a look at the WWF forum if you want an example, people starting fights with each other etc. I've read about 5-6 stories about kids seriously hurting other kids 'pretending' to do wrestling moves on their baby brother/sister. I'm sure some think of it as harmless fun, but when I see little kids bodyslam each other on the playground like I saw last week, and people pretending to smack chairs around each others heads, I start to worry.

WWF and Limp Bizkit are the biggest cause of idiocy in this country, and if anyone disagrees with me, then I'll throw you through a table.
Sat 04/08/01 at 00:25
I have always despised WWF or any of it's clones.

I don't see all the attraction in watching a rehearsed fight, and to watch stupid men (and women) dress ridiculous, and prance about acting all serious.

I mean I might aswell go watch a pantomime, probably give me more food for thought, and would be better rehearsed too.

It's just pure stupidity.
Fri 03/08/01 at 23:15
Regular
oh please wwf does not corrupt kids if you dont want them to watch it simply ban them or put a parent lock on the sky box
Fri 03/08/01 at 22:01
Regular
I agree. I haven't a problem with the actual program, but the effect it has is unavoidable. Young kids putting each other through tables and smashing each others ribs is a far cry from the 'please don't try this at home' adverts the WWF plays for all of 30 seconds on each program. If WWF continues to ignore the fact that kids are seriosuly injuring each other trying to recreate 'sports entertainment' then the problem is only going to get worse. Surely some precautions can be taken. i think Channel 4 is axing WWF programs soon, and this is a step in the right direction, but in a digital TV age, when most families have access to Sky Sports, kids are just going to get more and more pointless injuries. It just seems wrong.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
To quote Neil Fallon from Clutch when someone flashed at their show:

"Lady, half the world has breasts, so I'm not impressed at all ok?"
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:48
Regular
most of its already 15 but some are rated 18 but i think its cos the gals get their boobs out
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I would think it more beneficial to issue films, music and television programmes with an IQ rating, that way we are spared having to listen to various chimps that are unable to think for themselves.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
why not give the wwf a '15' rating or something.

Yep, I would agree with that. Then, when the idiots who think it's real really should know better, it's their own fault when they jump off a building and land on a table.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:41
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> "llleeeeeettttttsss get reeeeaaadddyyy toooo
>
> ruuummmblllee!"

No that's Ant and Dec

err no its dead old and they stole it werent they pj and duncan then anyways?
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I have to disagree Mr Snuggly. If you want to ban the WWF because it affects children, you would have to ban every bit of violence on this planet and that is inconcievable.

If children want to hurt themselves, it is up to them. If it is not the WWF, they will find something else which is bad, maybe even worse.
Wed 01/08/01 at 15:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's called Natural Selection.

Nature's way of thinning out the herd a little.
To quote Bill Hicks, "Trust me, there's not gonna be a delay in the shuttle launch because of these idiots, we haven't lost a cure for cancer"

If someone decides to copy something they see on television?
They are an idiot, pure and simple.
I was a kid, I watched wrestling, The A Team, It's a Knockout etc etc and at no point did I emulate them.
Yes, me and my mates played war and had boxing gloves, but we knew when to stop.
We knew what would be dangerous and what wouldn't be.
And I'm talking from about the age of 5, so it's not an excuse.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing about these mooks that hurt themselves because they think they're Hulk Hogan.
And if the WWF forum is any indicator of the level of intelligence of wrestling fans - then who are we to stop them doing such things?

Who demands that we have to rescue the stupid?
I don't mean to sound harsh or cruel, but I have been pushed over the edge with this whole Brasseye thing and the public reaction to it.

I have come to the conclusion that 80% of this nation have the emotional and mental level of 4yr olds.
And if anything, more people should be encouraged to slam each other around, gives me more room to read books and play my drums.

If someone is injured through accident, attack etc then they have my sympathy.
If someone imitates something in television?

You get everything you deserve and more.

Read books instead, or watch something on television that isn't designed for cats and dogs to watch.
Gladiators? Wrestling?
What if people copy and get injured?

4 questions should follow that:
1) Yeah? 2) And? 3) So? 4) What?

Means I don't get stuck behind these fools at cashpoints whilst they try to hack into NASA and take 4 minutes to get their benefit money out for the week.

Look, I don't mean to sound so harsh...actually I do mean to.
Anyone that takes offence at this?

"It's tragic" etc etc.
Whatever.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.