GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm Buying a Digital Camera - Please help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/01/07 at 22:31
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Hi, i'm looking to buy a digital camera at the moment, i've got about £140 to spend maximum and i want a t least a 6 megapixel camera and it MUST have a lithium battery. It's jsut there are so many out there, can any of you guys recommend any that are pretty good.
Wed 07/02/07 at 23:01
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I've got one of these

Pretty decent camera, does exactly what I need from a camera.
Wed 07/02/07 at 22:54
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
i like the look of the OLYMPUS FE190, has anyone got it, what's it like, is it worth buying for an entry level Digital camera.
Wed 07/02/07 at 13:16
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Heh, just the thread i needed, im looking for a new camera :) Found this useful :P
Wed 07/02/07 at 08:36
Regular
"lets go back"
My personal favourite brand is Canon and from what Ive seen of Sony they seem good too. The Canon Ixus range are great and compact. Im not sure how much a 6MP one would cost though, possible out of your range.
Wed 07/02/07 at 08:18
"possibly impossible"
Amazon are very good for prices and have the advantage of having user comments on most of their goods so you can tell other people's opinions of the cameras.

I'd personally go with the Sony or Fuji branded cameras, looking at a W50 or S600 myself in the next few months.

Though I'd say save up another £20 or so and get the W70.
Tue 06/02/07 at 17:39
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
where is this camera from, it sounds quite good.
Tue 06/02/07 at 15:40
Regular
"pilko182.piczo.com"
I think that the best one you can get at the moment is the fujifilm finepix F470 for £109.88 inc VAT, fujifilm are great camera makers and its 6 million pixels or 6 megapixels, whatever you want to call it
Wed 24/01/07 at 08:18
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Cong Man wrote:
> If you can be bothered, nip into your local John Lewis and have a
> play with a few, some have ridiculously convoluted menus
> (especially Sony)...
>
> Once you're done having a play, make a note of the make and
> model, then go and buy it off the interweb.

Well i would do that, only there is no John lewis near where i live.
Wed 24/01/07 at 07:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The prices have dropped quite a lot recently so you should be able to get something decent. Make sure you try before you buy though, i didn't and i ended up with a camera that's next to useless in anything but good light.
Wed 24/01/07 at 06:59
Regular
"..."
If you can be bothered, nip into your local John Lewis and have a play with a few, some have ridiculously convoluted menus (especially Sony)...

Once you're done having a play, make a note of the make and model, then go and buy it off the interweb.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.