GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rental Website Discussion Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/01/10 at 22:56
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
As I hear that many people on the website are either currently using, or possibly planning on using one of the many rental sites that are available, I've decided to create this thread to try and keep members recommendations and experiences together. If anyone wants me to add anything else to the information, don't cease to ask and I'll attempt to put it on.

To see more details about a particular service, click the spoiler tag.

Boomerang Rentals

Films/Games: Games only (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

LOVEFiLM

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

Tesco Rentals

Films/Games: HD-DVD, DVDs, Blu-Ray, Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, Wii, DS, Gamecube)

Show Spoiler

*It should be noted that there have been reports that having had a LOVEFiLM/Tesco Rental free trial makes you inelligible for the free trial of the other, as they are the same service

Swapgame.com

Films/Games: Games only (Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance)

Show Spoiler

Games Frenzy

Films/Games: Games (PS2, PSP, PS3, XBox360, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

GAME Rentals

Films/Games: Games (PS3, XBox360, Wii, possibly more)

Show Spoiler

Gamesmonster

Films/Games: Games (XBox 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS)

Show Spoiler

Blockbuster

Films/Games: DVDs, Blu-Ray (Vouchers for game rentals in-store available on some packages)

Show Spoiler

Haven't quite finished the list yet, but I'm currently updating it now, any help compiling information in the list would be appreciated.
Fri 05/02/10 at 11:42
"possibly impossible"
Being as I've still got Lego Indy 2 and still haven't got to put it in the 360 I can safely say one game a month is fine for me!

But that's mainly because AvP and Bad Company 2 demos have been out and they're both great fun. When I start Mass Effect (the original) I think I'll just have to concentrate getting through that and ignore other games.
Wed 03/02/10 at 10:54
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Yeah pb, I guess if that's the service that suits how you play, it'll be the best one for you. I plan on possibly adding the full package details onto the main post at some point soon. Got my first delay on getting a game for a while, which is a bit irritating, but it gives me time to go back to some of my normal games and play a little through them. It'd be nice to become unstuck on God of War, waves of gorgons more than 2 at a time just completely destroy me...
Wed 03/02/10 at 09:05
"possibly impossible"
Well, my first payment went out to Boomerang today. I'm only on the basic £3.95 a month setting but it makes sense for me.

I was very impressed with how fast they came back on my queries and so far they've been very good sending games out. They also have a decent supply of older games too.
Thu 28/01/10 at 20:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
My favourite Lego game was the Batman one. They are good fun and give a good GS payout too!

Bayonetta on the way and nearly time to send back Madagascar Kartz
Thu 28/01/10 at 19:48
Regular
"THFC"
Well i am looking forward to getting Oblivion, looks like a good gam and all the ratings etc i have seen have been well up there!

Wonder what my extra disc will be, hopefully another game lol.
Thu 28/01/10 at 19:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Strange, I didn't get that problem, be annoyed if I did though. Good that they did get back to you, mind.

pb - nothing wrong with playing the Lego games, I think they're generally pretty fun to mess around with.
Thu 28/01/10 at 13:38
"possibly impossible"
...and.....Lego Indy 2 (on 360) is my next game.

Did it for the Gamerscore...honest!
Thu 28/01/10 at 13:38
Regular
"And in last place.."
Emmie87 wrote:
> Oh and i just got my FREE extra credit for entering the
> competition (i mentioned it earlier)
>
> You can still do the same again this week and earn another one!
> Looking forward to having an extra disc in my possession, as you
> can keep it for as long as you want lol

Completely forgot about that but sorted now.
Thu 28/01/10 at 13:16
"possibly impossible"
Boomerang got back to me on Twitter, they're looking in to my lack of next game.
Thu 28/01/10 at 13:01
Regular
"THFC"
Oh and i just got my FREE extra credit for entering the competition (i mentioned it earlier)

You can still do the same again this week and earn another one! Looking forward to having an extra disc in my possession, as you can keep it for as long as you want lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.