GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why nintendo should just give up!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/07/01 at 15:19
Regular
This is not meant as a big offenisve remark to people who really love nintendo and the nintendo company but i feel that it is about time that they should give up on the larger game console market. Throughout the years nintendo have always been second best to some other game consoles(that you must all admit), first it was that the master system and the megadrive which clearly overtook the market from nintendo. Now we have the playstation and PS2 and do nintendo seriously think that the Game Cube will be able to stand up against the PS2, in my own opinion the PS2 should outsell the game cube my popularity alone, and games made for it (eg Gran Turismo 3) Could sell the console by themselves. This, compared to the cutsie, sickening twaddle(Mario, Kurby etc...)that has been presented to the world by Nintendo and their associates, will once again send Nintendo's Game Cube scuttling back to it's creators all bloodied and bashed in the same way that the Playstaion duffed up the "more advanced" N64. Every time i walk into my city centre "GAME" shop there is always someone trading in a nintendo64 for a playstation or PS2, never the other way around. I have seen what the nintendo64 could do and to be honest i was not impressed, the graphics were shoddy and blured and the games are still on cartridges!!! aren't nintendo going to learn that cartridges were years ago and gamers have moved onto discs, will the game cube be still on cartridge. I do admit that the gameboy has been very successfull, luckly for nintendo, but look at the new gameboy advance. The technolgy that is being here was being used in the early 90's by sega's game gear (remember that?) and the graphics were still better then as they didn't use a dot matrix screen and it could double as a portable TV, plus the new gameboy advance does strangly look like the poor old game gear.
Mon 06/08/01 at 16:30
Regular
Well said!
Mon 06/08/01 at 10:04
Turbonutter wrote:
> 20 million poly/sec with all the effects. The GameCube can only do
> 15.

Rouge leader's already pushing more than 15 million pps and it's not even finished yet.

Specs don't really matter, look at Mad Dash for the X-box. That's pushing record amounts of polygons (over 20million pps) but it still looks like a lame game.
Mon 06/08/01 at 09:49
Regular
"not dead"
Turbonutter wrote:
> 20 million poly/sec with all the effects. The GameCube can only do
> 15.

Depends who you ask....

To much crap in this thread - let me just filter som eto comment on....

....comparing FF to Zelda.... pointless, they're different types of game....

....Why is GAMECUBE better than PS2.... Um, well it's not released, and you can't get games for the GAMECUBE, so that puts it at a disadvantage, but for me it's worth the wait, as I'd prefer to play the games coming out for it....

...Buses, cache and the like.... Well both consoles have different hardware, and as there are no GAMECUBE games released yet, we can't really compare what it better....

I'm sure that there are reels more crap in here, but I really don't need to go through them just to see that this thread is ultimately pointless...
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:15
Regular
TILTAWHIRL wrote:
> Whats metal gear solid 2 done?

Apparently Konami could easily make a perfect copy of MGS2 on to the GC and maybe improve it!
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:11
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
See ya TTW.
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:10
Regular
well thats all very immpressive but Ineed my bed,

peace turbonutter :0)
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
20 million poly/sec with all the effects. The GameCube can only do 15.
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:06
Regular
Whats metal gear solid 2 done?
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
MGS2 has already exceeded Nintendo's claims. Eat that.
Mon 06/08/01 at 02:05
Regular
Turbo im not saying that I think the Gamecube will be more popular than the Playstation 2, i would like it to be but judging by sonys firm grip on the market at the moment that probably wont happen. But the fact is that the gamecube has better hardware, the grahics are way ahead of anything the PS2 can pump out, theres no load times so u dont have to sit for 5 minutes listening to your consoles fan, theres four control ports not a big thing but I think Sony are blind not to have them etc etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.