GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another game idea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/07/01 at 10:35
Regular
Well the game could be a simulation of real life. A cross between Shenmue and The Sims. You start out life as a kid studying at school, playing with mates e.t.c. then you become a teenager and so on. But the best thing about it would be the City you live in would be massive and when you're old enough (and pass the test) you can drive around the city anyway you wish. If you want to run people over, fine but suffer the consequences. You could work for the mob carrying out their dirty work and more. When you get old you can still do anything but people look at you in a strange way. e.g. a granny goes to her local pool in speedo's. And eventually you die but hey, you could do everything you couldn't do in real life. This could stop all those American kids running into schools and shooting everyone cos they could do it in the game.
Sun 29/07/01 at 10:35
Well the game could be a simulation of real life. A cross between Shenmue and The Sims. You start out life as a kid studying at school, playing with mates e.t.c. then you become a teenager and so on. But the best thing about it would be the City you live in would be massive and when you're old enough (and pass the test) you can drive around the city anyway you wish. If you want to run people over, fine but suffer the consequences. You could work for the mob carrying out their dirty work and more. When you get old you can still do anything but people look at you in a strange way. e.g. a granny goes to her local pool in speedo's. And eventually you die but hey, you could do everything you couldn't do in real life. This could stop all those American kids running into schools and shooting everyone cos they could do it in the game.
Sun 29/07/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Theres a few posts artound with pretty much this idea...

It seems really popular...

I wonder why noones really tried to tackle it yet?
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:22
Regular
Probably really stupid new game genre ideas:

1. An 'on foot' chase em up.
2. A car-based adventure/RPG.
3. A hunt & survive game where you assume the role of different beasts - i.e. an eagle, tiger, crocodile, shark.
4. A climbing game featuring world famous landmarks:
Level 1: Blackpool Tower.
Level 2: Statue of Liberty.
Level 3: Eiffel Tower.
Level 4: Leaning Tower of Piza.
Level 5: The shed at the bottom of my garden.
Sun 29/07/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
EyeCandy wrote:
> Probably really stupid new game genre ideas:

1. An 'on foot'
> chase em up.

Thers one of these being written as I type :)

4. A climbing game featuring world famous
> landmarks:
Of course a climbing game otherwise would be a great idea? :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.