GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Arsene Wenger- next Fergie??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/07/01 at 22:23
Regular
So the press are hailing Arsene Wenger as the next Alex Ferguson. The board want Wenger, as he keep the club successful, however, he could never take any of the credit as the team were founded mainly by Alex Ferguson, Brian Kidd and Steve Maclaren. Any half-decent manager could make United successful, but the way it has been done is rare. Arsenal won the premiership after they made major purchases, but they have just been a flash in the pan recently. Liverpool have been more of a threat, and although they beat us home and away, they cannot sustain any serious assault when they are just a cup side.

Wenger made Arsenal by making expesive buys to please the fickle yet gullible fans.
I admit many of the Man Utd "faithful" are glory hunters, but the reason why Ferguson bought big this year is to win the Champions League. Since United won it, we haven't really put ourselves back into a position to win it again. Making our injury prone midfield even stronger with Veron, and adding yet another world class striker in Van Nistlerooy should make us serious contenders.

Also in the press, Houlier has been complaining that Liverpool will be too tired to play after a cople of months with European games as well as World Cup Qualifiers. If this is the case, then They should put in more fitness training. Having players like Owen and Gerrard wrapped in cotton wool does no good to Liverpool nor England, and this is a problem that all clubs face.

I hope that this is not going to be a season full of complaining about fixture congestion. If Liverpool can't afford to lose Owen, Fowler, Heskey and Gerrard for a few matches a year, then they do not have the necessary strength and depth of a squad to launch a serious campaign next year. This is the same for any other club.

Stop complaining about not having players during International games when its something that all major clubs have to put up with
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:23
So the press are hailing Arsene Wenger as the next Alex Ferguson. The board want Wenger, as he keep the club successful, however, he could never take any of the credit as the team were founded mainly by Alex Ferguson, Brian Kidd and Steve Maclaren. Any half-decent manager could make United successful, but the way it has been done is rare. Arsenal won the premiership after they made major purchases, but they have just been a flash in the pan recently. Liverpool have been more of a threat, and although they beat us home and away, they cannot sustain any serious assault when they are just a cup side.

Wenger made Arsenal by making expesive buys to please the fickle yet gullible fans.
I admit many of the Man Utd "faithful" are glory hunters, but the reason why Ferguson bought big this year is to win the Champions League. Since United won it, we haven't really put ourselves back into a position to win it again. Making our injury prone midfield even stronger with Veron, and adding yet another world class striker in Van Nistlerooy should make us serious contenders.

Also in the press, Houlier has been complaining that Liverpool will be too tired to play after a cople of months with European games as well as World Cup Qualifiers. If this is the case, then They should put in more fitness training. Having players like Owen and Gerrard wrapped in cotton wool does no good to Liverpool nor England, and this is a problem that all clubs face.

I hope that this is not going to be a season full of complaining about fixture congestion. If Liverpool can't afford to lose Owen, Fowler, Heskey and Gerrard for a few matches a year, then they do not have the necessary strength and depth of a squad to launch a serious campaign next year. This is the same for any other club.

Stop complaining about not having players during International games when its something that all major clubs have to put up with
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:27
Regular
There's only two men I'd consider for the Fergie's job: Fabio Cappello or Sven.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:43
As weird as this may sound but I feel that Everton's manager could be swooped by Man United. Walter Smith had done wonders with Rangers and has not had the chance to do well with Everton (just has not got the dosh, sad considering I'm an Evertonian).

Depending on how well Everton does this season could depend on Smith's future at the club.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:50
Erikson would be a good United manager, because the fact that he has managed a national side would mean he would be able to work with limited players and no money to spend on players.

The Man United board since the departure of Martin Edwards has been very much in sync with the buying sensibility of Ferguson.

Erikson has also had communication with loads of players from Lazio, which may, or may not be a good thing.

Its obvious that Sven has had a part to play in the Veron move, and if this not a big success, then this will all come back to Fergie.
Fri 27/07/01 at 22:56
I think Sven would prefer to be a club coach than a national coach but do Man U want him? He'll get paid an awful lot more and he'll be the coach of the most supported club in the world (and also the most despised)

Arsene Wenger's job at Arsenal is safe, I think?!? He's just bought half a dozen players (and wasted 10 million on Jeffers, plonker, not that I'm complaining!) and is seriously giving Man U the push. Unless your Sir Alex, no one spends a lot of money on all those players without changing clubs or retiring the next season (unless they've played REALLY bad)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.