GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"anyone know anything about the Dreamcast ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'House Of The Dead 2'.
Thu 08/04/04 at 18:02
Regular
"Try Me"
anyone know anything about the Gun controller on the Dreamcast. My lad has just acquired one and we can click the menus etc. with it but when playing unreal tournament it will not fire. Do we need to configure the gun somehow first?

Any ideas??? .... [email protected] (please email me)
Mon 12/04/04 at 19:22
Regular
Maybe a little. I do vaguely recollect a console that had a name something like that. I think I got it confused with the movie, The Dreamcatcher.
Fri 09/04/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Teal'c"
ssxpro wrote:
> A Dream what? Never heard of it.

Please say you're joking.
Please.
Fri 09/04/04 at 12:55
Regular
It's a decent console to pick up now, with games about a fiver each, but I'd never pay full price for it or most of the games.
Fri 09/04/04 at 12:45
Regular
A Dream what? Never heard of it.
Fri 09/04/04 at 08:54
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
illzen wrote:
> I'm gonna have to go and play on my Dreamcast now. I love that
> machine. I've owned 9 consoles, and the Dreamcast goes down as my all
> time classic favourite.

It's a shame it died after not so long. ;(
Fri 09/04/04 at 03:17
Regular
"95% organic"
Yup, House of the Dead anf Confidential Mission are the only ligght-gun compatible games on the Dreamcast.

The Dreamcast is a brilliant console though (and great value) Look out for games like:

Crazy Taxi 1&2, Virtua Tennis, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Street Fighter 3, Bangai-O, Bust-A-Move 4, Shenmue 1&2

...the list goes on.

I'm gonna have to go and play on my Dreamcast now. I love that machine. I've owned 9 consoles, and the Dreamcast goes down as my all time classic favourite.
Thu 08/04/04 at 23:07
Regular
House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission, the latter was very good.
Thu 08/04/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Try Me"
What are HOTD2 and CM?.... surely not Championship manager.... using the Gun to shoot the players from the stands?
Thu 08/04/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
They only work with HOTD2 and CM on the DC so sorry mate.
Thu 08/04/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
To be honest I'm not sure which gun controller you're talking about. But isn't Unreal Tourny an FPS? I thought those light gun things only worked with titles like Time Crisis and Silent Scope.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.