GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Playstation2 worth my money at the moment or should I wait till games improve?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/07/01 at 18:42
Regular
I have the money ready to buy a PS2 but I am not sure whether I should buy one yet, as there aren't many high class games. If you own a PS2 could you recommend me whether to buy one or not, where is the best place to buy it from and what games are best at the moment.

Thanks

JoM
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:42
I have the money ready to buy a PS2 but I am not sure whether I should buy one yet, as there aren't many high class games. If you own a PS2 could you recommend me whether to buy one or not, where is the best place to buy it from and what games are best at the moment.

Thanks

JoM
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:58
I have had my PS2 since the launch and I would recomend that you get one now.
The best place to get a PS2 is SR (£300 for the PS2 and GT3!!!) The best games out at the moment are GT3, SSX (but a new version is out soon), Red Faction, Quake 3 Revolution, Crazy Taxi etc.

The great games are starting to come out now so it is a good time to buy a PS2.
Wed 25/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
there are plenty of great games available at the mo and the price has just dropped, PS2 + GT3 - £299.99 = :-)

what genre of games do you like
Wed 25/07/01 at 20:28
Regular
"You Bum!!"
You should buy one soon cause there are some quality games out there.

I personally think the best place to buy it is Toys R Us. You can buy PS2 and 3 games for like £320. Or altrenatively try SR!
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:19
I would wait till September. Some really good games are coming out between September and Christmas. Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 are just some examples of what is yet to come. There are some good games out but not that many.
Also there is a chance thats the PS2 might be slightly lower in price or the bundle packs might actually include more for your money. Also some of the better games might be cheaper as well.

Darkreaper
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:24
Wait until the next price drop - we should be seeing a lot of good deals from various retailers soon. Also, if you wait until around October, from then on we will see the best of the PS2 - there are a great selection of games coming out and you'll be spoiled for choice. Better start saving....
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
I'd buy one now. Buy it and play GT3, I know alot of people rave about it, but it is THAT good. I've rented Onimusha and red faction from blockbuster this week, and was pretty impressed by both. Even the older games like SSX and MotoGP are also pretty darn good.

There are good games around now, why wait for another piddlin' 30 quid off ?
Thu 26/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
I read in PSW magazine that the price is/has dropped to £269, but you'll have to look around for somewhere that their selling them at that price.

The problem is that Sony will soon be shipping them at the usual price e.g. £299, but with a game included (GT3 I think) - but then that's fine if that's what you're looking for.
Thu 26/07/01 at 22:30
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Wait till a few months time. Ideally xmas if you can wait.

The reason is this:

1) The price will drop again to combat the GC and Xbox (which has a huge marketting budget).

2) there will be better games

3) You will be able to compare it to the competition better than now. You will be able to compare imported GCs with PS2s and the like, and then pick the one that suits you.

NiGHTS!
Fri 27/07/01 at 17:58
If you look hard enough you can now pick up the standard PS2 pack for £210. Bargain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.