GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memories sweet...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 20:37
Regular
We are now seeing some awesome graphics over various consoles and they aren't even being pushed to their limits. We are looking and back and think how much they have improved in 10 years. Some may look back at the master system or NES and laugh at its graphics, but to me they are ignorant. How does the saying go? "Don’t touch what you can’t afford" NO wait this is it, "Do not criticise what you can’t do yourself". There we go. Basically it means that little idiots that say that the Ps2's graphics are lousy are ignorant, arrogant and have no clue.

I look back at my master system or spectrum and think how much fun they provided for me (the spectrum being my dads originally!). I think that it was a form of gaming that I really got into and enjoyed. I find streets of rage for my mega drive gives more depth than some games with ace graphics. And I am saying that if you buy a console for a few games that give good graphics then you may be popular but quite stupid too. The other day I was talking to frogman and he said that he was going to buy a Sega game cube. I sharply reminded him of the huge mistake. He basically wanted to buy it because he knew I was like him buying his first console the DC he only got it as I said some graphics were good. IT seems a lot of prejudice is going around the world these days and it can work well in this case.

MY point is that we look back on some graphics that to be fair aren't very detailed. Well what will people think in 20 years time? Think about it... now.

///////// /////////////// ////////// /////////// ////////////////// ///////////// ////////////.

Now did you think?

It would be very difficult and the gaming industry are going to have to think about their future plans, long term. Sure Nintendo will supply us with exquisite hand held machines that will improve... forever but what about future consoles? I think Microsoft could have made a good move when their new console the 'Xbox' got the rumour of being a slightly smaller PC. I think in the end it will have to go that way but have they planned well or did ole Bill lose his glasses when cutting his hair again?

I think when people look back at the past of our generation they will be surprised of how good the graphics now are. For instance if you play GT 2 on the psx then play GT3 on the Ps2 you realize how glitch free it is and how the old machine couldn't handle it as much.

Once the graphics start to get harder to improve then console will move onto power and other 'tech' stuff. Our graphics at this time are very good and we are luckier than we think to play on games with this amount of playability. Most hits are dead nice to look at and play and even though people might say we were living in the Stone Age they will know they were wrong really.

So we should be most proud of our first rate games in this great generation of improving technology and more importantly games!

Heres to graphics!

Cheers!

T_W -says---Get jiggy!
Mon 21/12/09 at 10:06
Regular
"Admin"
Its cold I wanna be sitting by a fire.
Sat 28/07/01 at 09:40
Thanx guys. BTW I am sorry to hear that Shaneo.

(:) T_W uk.
Sat 28/07/01 at 09:03
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Fish-e wrote:
> where does it say you are arrogant???

In TW's post it says, if you trhink PS2 has horrible graphics, you are ignorant or arrogant or whagtever.
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:16
where does it say you are arrogant???
Sat 28/07/01 at 08:12
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
FrEaK Of ThE (mr) DaRk wrote:
> another win, well done

That sounded sarcastic. Well Done TW! According to your post, I am arrogant! :(
Sat 28/07/01 at 05:49
Well done on winning Time_warp
Thu 26/07/01 at 19:55
another win, well done
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:21
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Hey sam, well done. U betta get me FF10, or i'll kill ya! lol, nah, get CT2.
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:21
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Hey same, well done. U betta get me FF10, or i'll kill ya! lol, nah, get CT2.
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:09
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Well done on your GAD win, TW!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.