GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"15 games all gamers must experience!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/07/01 at 11:10
Regular
I have put together a list of 15 games that I think all gamers should experience. Some of them are classic games, some of them are just games that attempt something a little different. Enjoy!

GRAN TURISMO 3 on PS2 offers the most realistic driving you can get, add the huge GT mode and the stunning graphics and you have the best game on PS2. Easily

But for sheer speed you might want to check out F-ZERO X on the N64, forget Wipeout, this is the original futuristic racer! It’s incredibly fast, worse than riding down a steep hill on a skateboard with your eyes held open!

TONY HAWK’S PRO SKATEBOARDING on PS-one is one of those games that keeps you in on a sunny day , its that good! Why do the real thing and be rubbish, when you can pull tricks The Hawk would gasp at from the comfort of you living room!

MICRO MACHINES 2 on the Sega Megadrive is absolutely fantastic in multiplayer, it had two joypad ports built into the cartridge so 4 pads and your away! The races are very competitive, but there’s nothing more satisfying than nudging your best pal off the edge of a table!

SUPER METROID on the SNES is a brilliant sequel to the NES classic, it’s a platforming shoot-em-up where earning new attributes opens up new sections of the huge playing area. The brilliant gameplay makes you want to see it through to the end

MTV MUSIC GENERATOR 2 on PS2 isn’t really a game, it’s a piece of software you use to make music. Whether your into pop, or would prefer to match something weirder than Radiohead’s latest offering there is something for you here.

GUARDIAN HEROES on the Sega Saturn is a scrolling beat-em-up. The huge fights on offer really give you the feeling your taking on a huge army. The character design is fantastic, the graphics are bright and stylish, and on top of that there are about 45 secret characters to unlock!

PANZER DRAGOON SAGA on Sega Saturn is one of the best games ever. It won’t take long to finish but offers superb characters, fantastic creature and landscape design, brilliant music and a turn-based fighting system that’s more fluid than those seen in a Final Fantasy game. Class

PARAPPA THE RAPPER on PS-one is a very strange experience indeed. You must bust some serious rhymes in time to the music, to make a girl with a flower for a head like you! It doesn’t last long but the characters are funny, the lyrics are cool, and the visual are very stylish. Those who like their games with a hint of madness will love it

GOLDENEYE on the N64 is good in one player, but absolutely fantastic fun in multiplayer , get 4 pads , get your mates round and kick their butts at one shot kills. Another thing is that it’s a movie tie-in that’s actually very good!

NIGHTS INTO DREAMS on the Sega Saturn is an absolute classic, it combines elements of Pilotwings and Sonic to make up one of the most rewarding games to master. It’s strange at first but it wont be long until you’re a pro!

TENCHU STEALTH ASSASSINS on PS-one put you in the shoes of a top class ninja , meaning you must use stealth to eliminate your enemies , the graphics may be bad and the camera may be annoying , but nothing beats waiting for the right time to swoop down from the rooftops and silence your opponent! It’s REALLY gory too!

CASTLEVANIA is on various formats, it’s a classic series of games with some great platforming and creature killing on offer. Fantastic character design, tense boss battles and huge levels make the Castlevania games some of my favourites. Especially the GBA and PS-one versions.

DARK SAVIOR on the Sega Saturn offered all the usual features of an RPG but with a couple of fantastic features. The first level in Dark Savior determines which of the 5 stories you will be playing through for the rest of the game, so there is plenty to keep you coming back to the game after finishing it. Dark Saviour fighting system was also unique as you can ‘capture’ your enemies and use them later on. Fantastic stuff!

Then finally, the MARIO and ZELDA games. The best platform and RPG games ever!
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:57
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
er-yes wrote:
> rob_skater wrote:
> christ! just found out i've won gameaday!
> AGAIN!!!!!

Well if you did write it... well done!! Super
> review..
i can honestly say that each word of that review came from me , honest , 100 percent , the truth. thanks!
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Rendering Women."
rob_skater wrote:
> christ! just found out i've won gameaday! AGAIN!!!!!

Well if you did write it... well done!! Super review..
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:43
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
christ! just found out i've won gameaday! AGAIN!!!!!
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:38
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
er-yes wrote:
> How come your grammer is completely different in the forums then to
> your reviews???
do you do this to everyone who writes a review you consider to be copied???
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:37
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
AliBoy wrote:
> In reply to your title of the topic, I think there is alot more than
> 15 games that we all must experience. In a way all games that you
> can get a chance to play should be played as all games give you a
> different and unique experience as no two games are the same.
Ok
> so some games aren't that good but this helps you learn and makes
> you appreciate the better ones more.
Also its down to personal
> choice, some people like games that others hate. Like myself I hate
> tomb raider games and final fantasy games, whereas there are people
> who love these. Im sure there are games that I like that others will
> hate. i was going to do about 30 , but that would take up too much time , i realise i should have put a resi game in there and certainly a sonic game(i forgot all about him!)
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Rendering Women."
How come your grammer is completely different in the forums then to your reviews???
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:34
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
er-yes wrote:
> rob skater! Where did you copy the GT3 review from??

I can get
> some of it on a search but not all!
er , i didnt copy it and i certainly didnt get it from the net. it was suprisingly hard to write an original review of GT3 y'know
Tue 24/07/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
In reply to your title of the topic, I think there is alot more than 15 games that we all must experience. In a way all games that you can get a chance to play should be played as all games give you a different and unique experience as no two games are the same.
Ok so some games aren't that good but this helps you learn and makes you appreciate the better ones more.
Also its down to personal choice, some people like games that others hate. Like myself I hate tomb raider games and final fantasy games, whereas there are people who love these. Im sure there are games that I like that others will hate.
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:57
Regular
"Rendering Women."
rob skater! Where did you copy the GT3 review from??

I can get some of it on a search but not all!
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:36
Oh yeah, how could I forget about the coolest hedgehog ever to grace a computer screen.

*I worship you sonic, and completely apologise for forgetting about you*

Seeyas

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.