GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/07/01 at 18:43
Regular
Wow, I've just been watching the new official FFX demo - everything seems to be done in real time ! Droolsome!

I think I'm in heaven (sad? maybe!)

Anyone know when we are likely to get FFX in the UK - I heard an awful prediction today e.g. that we won't get it until the end of 2002, please tell me that's wrong!
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:43
Regular
Wow, I've just been watching the new official FFX demo - everything seems to be done in real time ! Droolsome!

I think I'm in heaven (sad? maybe!)

Anyone know when we are likely to get FFX in the UK - I heard an awful prediction today e.g. that we won't get it until the end of 2002, please tell me that's wrong!
Mon 23/07/01 at 18:56
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Unfortunately it could be true. Even though I doubt that it will be that long, I am pretty sure we will have to wait till June 2002 at least
Mon 23/07/01 at 19:02
Regular
Downer! Have you seen the demos for it?

They look awesome!
Mon 23/07/01 at 19:49
Regular
Another year away!!! Damn. I hoped it would be fairly soon after the japanese release, putting it in our stores before christmas. I then heard maybe early 2002, but now June 2002! Ouch!
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:09
Yep theres no denying that FFX is THE PS2 game for... whenever the heck it will come out! =¬)

I may be wrong - and please goodness correct me if I am - but I believe there are slight (very horrible) jaggies visible in the gameplay... especially around the hair of certain characters.

I don't know how hard it is to remove these jaggies (if you are new like me, jaggies are horrible-looking sharp, heavy-pixelated edges that stand out on screen and make the game look very unatural. What a mouthful, I'm so proud of myself =¬)!) but it would look a LOT better if some developers could generate a way to decrease or completely get rid of them.

The crew promoting the PS2 on launch said, with much pride, that they would incorporate FS-AA (Full screen Anti-Aliasing =¬D) that would smooth and enhance every game on the PS2... but not as it seems. Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't use it on games such as Moto GP. I played it, very cool game! Great realism, great bikes, but sadly I think the lack of anti-aliasing spoilt it. Oh well - let's just see what happens next.

And if you like my smilies, here's Homer Simpson. Thanks for reading. ( 8(l)
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:12
Regular
I'm sure this game will be amazing, I have seen a few clips and pictures of it.
Mon 23/07/01 at 20:26
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well if we are going to be "Technical" here then here we go:
I think that the team behind Final Fantasy should smooth out the ages a bit.Z Buffering needs to be spot on. For those of u who do not know what Z-Buffering means...The PS2's memory bank stores the spatial depth of each individual pixel and thus by making a simple comparison of the stored Z value with that of a new object point, it can then deternine whether an object point appearing at the same screen position is discernible to the viewer or whether it is concealed behind another polygonally constructed part of the scenery.

That basically means that Z-Buffering keeps track of objects not presented on the screen so when u actually go to that area the object is going to appear in the same way all the time. Without Z-Buffering chracters could walk through walls or trees

Sorry for having to point that out.
Tue 24/07/01 at 16:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
forget demos and the such like i have seen the real deal...i.e the full game in action
Tue 24/07/01 at 20:59
Regular
No fair - it almost makes you want to chip your PS2 !

But, anyway, I heard that the delay isn't due to anti-liasing etc, but the Japanese to english conversion.

My point being - if they can bring out MGS2 in english (albeit american english, then why can't they do this with FF) - I may be wrong, but I think that FF is one of the best selling games in the UK and I'm shocked that they wouldn't sell it to us earlier !

Ok, I love FF and I want to play the next one really soon - I wish they came out every year if not sooner, but I think that Square underestimate the amount that we all like FF.

Am I wrong (I wonder??)
Tue 24/07/01 at 21:09
Regular
"You Bum!!"
But they do come out every year!!!Maybe not over here but in Japan they come out pretty consistenly

Final Fantasy 8-1999
Final Fantsy 9-2000
Final Fantasy 10-2001
Final Fantasy 11-likely to be 2002

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.