GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old games getting updates on the new consoles!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/07/01 at 17:28
Regular
Rare the wonderful company are bringing back the character from one of my all time favourite games from the good ol days. I'm talking about Saberman from that classic game Saber Wulf.
I think it's good of Rare to be bringing back some of there old classics that haven't seen the light of day since the good ol days of the BBC and Spectrum. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what there update of Saber Wulf will look like on the GameCube, but going that Rare are making it, i'm safe in the knowledge that it's gonna be another classic must have title.

What games do everyone else think that developers should bring back?

I know that some people think that they should re-release the original version of Elite on the GBA and i also think that that would be a great idea and would probably lead to million more sales of the GBA.
What do other people think?

Cooky
Mon 23/07/01 at 12:45
Games that should be updated:

Deflector (from the later 8-bit and 16-bit computers), the object was to direct a lazer beam through a maze using mirrors, prisms and suchlike. The task was complecated by gremlins, rotating mirrors and so forth. Would work well in 3D with the mirrors mounted overhead and all the controls at ground level: lots of running around doing stuff whilst keeping a mental image of the goings on above.

Bob's Bad Day on the Amiga could be worth another go: the main character was a ball and the player moved the rest of the world abount in order to direct said ball through each level.

On the whole though, updated games don't have a great record. I'm thinking about Pitfall, Gauntlet, and The Sentinal Returns (which wasn't really an update at all).

ISTM the problem is that most older games didn't actually have much to do: it was all to do with getting (very much) better at a single simple task rather than exploration.
Sun 22/07/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Rare the wonderful company are bringing back the character from one of my all time favourite games from the good ol days. I'm talking about Saberman from that classic game Saber Wulf.
I think it's good of Rare to be bringing back some of there old classics that haven't seen the light of day since the good ol days of the BBC and Spectrum. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what there update of Saber Wulf will look like on the GameCube, but going that Rare are making it, i'm safe in the knowledge that it's gonna be another classic must have title.

What games do everyone else think that developers should bring back?

I know that some people think that they should re-release the original version of Elite on the GBA and i also think that that would be a great idea and would probably lead to million more sales of the GBA.
What do other people think?

Cooky

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.