GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who stole my google wave invite?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/12/09 at 15:58
Regular
So Mrs Digi got Google wave and she sent me an invite to one of my domain emails hosted here, and we waited and waited and it never arrived, yet when we sent another invite to my GMail address it arrived within mins, so why did the one to my proper email not arrive, any ideas?

Digi
Wed 09/12/09 at 10:11
Regular
Morning,

I know you were just making suggestions Hmmm... and we'll definitely take them on board, but I just wanted to clarify a couple of things which I think motomodo also mentioned:

Currently, Freeola Support phone calls & the E-mail Ticket system will take priority over the chat forums. Wherever we provide details of contacting our support department regarding Freeola services, it is always recommended that the customer does it by phone or e-mail. Try not to find anywhere where this isn't the case :P

Wherever we mention the chat forums for discussing Freeola Services, we make it clear that this is for discussing our services with other Freeola users, and while we'll always try and help any questions posted, we can't be checking the forums constantly and therefore can't guarantee that we'll reply to any questions within a certain amount of time.

I apologise if staff members have been actively posting in other forums yet not replying to threads in the 'Freeola Services & Support' section, but there are a couple of us who post who aren't able to respond to support-related queries. I will, however, make sure whenever any of the Support guys are on the forums, they take a glance at these threads for any updates. Mr Warhunt is the designated forum-checker for the Support department, and he's away this week until Saturday, so I imagine this is part of the reason why this thread went unanswered.

We are going to be making some big improvements to our entire Help & Support section soon, and we should be making a bigger deal of using the forums for discussing Freeola Services. Along with these changes, I might take a look at whether we can automatically alert support members when there's a new thread/update in the Freeola Services forum or something similar, but I can't guarantee anything just yet. I'll keep you informed.

Edit: Also, I think the remark about the 'Passionate About Support' etc adverts is a little unfair. If you take my above comments on board, and as I'm sure you well know, if you drop a ticket to our Support team it will usually be sufficiently dealt with in a pretty quick time. Likewise with our Phone Support.
Wed 09/12/09 at 00:24
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yeah go to sleep! Status page updated!
Wed 09/12/09 at 00:14
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I certainly agree that issues like this are 'a pain in the rear' to say the least, and that we are aware of the issues that there have been with both the POP3 server and MX servers. Unfortunately I am not in a position to comment on what action may be taken in future to stop these issues from happening, but if any decisions are made we would likely inform you.

I do not believe that we handle issues on these forums with a lower priority to tickets and phone calls, all support ticket requests are advised that you will get a response within 72 hours, I believe that most requests on these forums get an answer within this time. The point we are making is that you are more likely to get our attention straight away by sending in a ticket or making a phone call.

I should sleep.
Tue 08/12/09 at 20:23
Regular
Hi Motomoto and Hmmm

There is no one on these forums that likes to rant more than me, Hmmm is better at it than me because he is better with big words :-)

My grumble with the wave invite is a wee grumble as we found a way around it, ie we used a gmail account. How ever now that we have a staffie reading this thread perhaps this would be a good point to ask why (again) is the email broken, when you did say it would be more robust after the upgarde recently.

It is a pain in the rear, I agree with Hmmm also that yeah phones and tickets should take priority, but once you have phoned these faults in to where ever you phone then you should check the forums,

senario 1 your phone line at freeola is dead
senario 2 my email is dead

i use your web site to get a ticket number, but how do I get a responce if my email is dead?

( if it happens like this am picking 6 numbers for the lottery)

Digi
Tue 08/12/09 at 19:21
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Digitrader wrote:

> perhaps its my wave invite thats gummed up the email server?

Ahaha I should hope not!

I agree enquiries in the Freeola Services & Support should get a answer, and that is simply what I was doing. All support requests are high priority. I apologise if this was not as quick as you would have hoped or expected, however our online ticketing system will generally get slightly higher priority over the Forums.

The reason for this is that us in the Support Department are more likely to look for new Tickets as these come in a lot quicker then posts on the forums...

No I enjoy the occasional rant as well, but unfortunately it appears that you enjoy it a bit more often :) ahah!

I kid I kid.. your ranting is done with the best intentions, therefore I approve.
Tue 08/12/09 at 19:08
Regular
Hi Hmmm

It was within the last 2 weeks that the original invitation to my .co.uk email was sent, and still no reply. So she used up another invite to send to my gmail account and it arrived almost instantly. Yeah checked spam folders and no sign of it, and I see email is down again, I phoned them at 5.15pm and they said it would be OK in half an hour, but I see its still not working, perhaps its my wave invite thats gummed up the email server?

Digi

Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Digi,
> Not quite sure why your email should have gone missing. When did
> this happen? I lost a few Freeola emails the other week when
> maintenance was taking place - but I'm guessing you are
> talking more recently?
>
> I take it you've checked your spam/junk mail folders/settings?
> Perhaps try another one as a test to see it that arrives?
> NB. My 'Wave' invite (not that I use it!) also went to my Gmail
> addy.
>
> I'm not being much help here - but didn't like to see your
> post being left unanswered:¬)

>
> EDIT: Actually, searching for 'google wave invite missing' shows
> others are also seeing problems - so it could also be Google's
> invite process that's hit and miss!
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 08/12/09 at 18:44
"Are you sure?"
motomoto wrote:
> I don't agree this is cheeky to be honest, this thread isn't
> directly related to the mail outage that we are having.

There was a wink ;¬) at the end of the comment!
Digi's post had gone nearly 24 hours without a reply.

FWIW When staff can reply to stuff in the Chat forum but replies in the Customer Service forum go unanswered it doesn't look right to me!

Guess that's just the way I am. While I'm writing this I'm looking at "Premium Customer Support" ads and "Passionate about Support" etc.

Yes I know the formal route for support is phone/email but it you truly are 'passionate about support' then I'm sure this forum would be a high priority?

Warhunt has asked in the past how Freeola can convert forum members to customers - ensuring all queries in the Customer Services Forum get answered would help to show outsiders how you work, and hopefully get them to sign up.

Only trying to help - please ignore my rant if I'm the only person that feels like this :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 08/12/09 at 18:18
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I don't agree this is cheeky to be honest, this thread isn't directly related to the mail outage that we are having.

Yup unfortunately the mail server 'mail.freeola.net' is unavailable at the current time. But rest assured our Systems Team are currently investigating the issue.

As you know Hmmm... we are always happy to hear feedback from yourself and customers about our service and this can only be used to improve our service and resolve any issues that you may have.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Tue 08/12/09 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
Cor, a bit cheeky replying to this in the middle of an email outage ;¬)

I'm sure I read Freeola said the recent server moves would make things more reliable, but we've had a few outages since :¬(

I know it's mostly only me that mentions these things (and upsets Garin!) but I look after a number of Freeola customers and they often (as they have this afternoon x 2 ) say 'not again...' so I'm only passing on feedback that other customers might not bother giving.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 08/12/09 at 17:22
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Mmm.. It is rather difficult for us to investigate missing mail sent in from external sources as you may imagine.

This said I have had Google Wave invites as you have seen before (when i gave them away but not many people were interested) and all these invites turned up within 48 hours, including Freeola E-mail Accounts.

As this is the case I am leaning towards thinking its Google's problem if there are other reported cases...

I'd need some other form of proof to think otherwise :/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.