GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can I jus tsay..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/12/09 at 04:01
Regular
It's hard to fimd the forums from the main front page.

Whoever arrranges this stuff may watn to sort that out!

Either that or I'm wasted and being an idiot (this swear filter is tough!) - which is quite likely.

[ADMIN EDIT] Please do not attempt to get around the swear filter.
Sat 05/12/09 at 04:01
Regular
It's hard to fimd the forums from the main front page.

Whoever arrranges this stuff may watn to sort that out!

Either that or I'm wasted and being an idiot (this swear filter is tough!) - which is quite likely.

[ADMIN EDIT] Please do not attempt to get around the swear filter.
Sat 05/12/09 at 09:27
Regular
"I like turtles"
I mentioned this a while back but it appears as though the decision to remove the direct link from the Freeola homepage was intentional.I thought the same thing,if you didn't know the forums existed seriously doubt you would find them ? :S
Sat 05/12/09 at 09:36
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Firstly, don't try to get around the swear filter. You know full well we monitor these forums.

Secondly, it's not that hard. There is a big 'Chat & Gaming' link in the top-right of every single Freeola and GetDotted page. I believe that this has brought far more people to the forums than the old, small, link on the homepage.
Sat 05/12/09 at 10:59
Regular
Uh oh, YH has been at the listerine again.
Sat 05/12/09 at 11:10
Regular
ButchML wrote:
> Firstly, don't try to get around the swear filter. You know full
> well we monitor these forums.
>
> Secondly, it's not that hard. There is a big 'Chat & Gaming'
> link in the top-right of every single Freeola and GetDotted page.
> I believe that this has brought far more people to the forums
> than the old, small, link on the homepage.

Further to this, the kind of 'audience' these forums are likely to attract are gamers/general chatters (although we're always more than happy to help customer's queries on the forums), and we have very prominent links/adverts for the chat forums dotted all over our interactive pages (cheats, walkthroughs etc).

These interactive pages get a good volume of traffic, so believe me, the chat forums are promoted to a lot of people, just not quite so much to people who visit the main Freeola.com site where the emphasis is on internet services rather than... chatting.

We do recommend in a few places that our users visit the forums to chat about web & tech stuff, but lets be fair, we'd much rather new users to the main site visit the pages promoting our services rather than our chat forum. After all, we are a business.

brb off to nurse a hangover

Also, Glen, any ideas on what we're all doing tonight? :D

Edit: Just wanted to point out that this thread made me chuckle somewhat.
Sat 05/12/09 at 11:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
You know what we are doing man! It was said about 40 billion times whilst you and Guiv were stammering about *angry face*

And yeah. Advertising..... front page...... something something.
Sat 05/12/09 at 11:27
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> You know what we are doing man! It was said about 40 billion
> times whilst you and Guiv were stammering about *angry face*
>
> And yeah. Advertising..... front page...... something something.

Believe it or not, I'm not a fan of asking questions I already know the answers to. So I ask again, what are we doing tonight?

Remember there was a bit of alcohol consumed by the 40 billionth time you told us.
Sat 05/12/09 at 12:03
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha, airing our arguments in public :P

Erm, town i think for a birthday celebration! :D

We have well and truly hijacked this thread now.
Sat 05/12/09 at 12:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Warhunt wrote:
> Haha, airing our arguments in public :P
>
> Erm, town i think for a birthday celebration! :D
>
> We have well and truly hijacked this thread now.

So are we all invited then?
Sat 05/12/09 at 12:58
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
If you can get to Braintree, then yes. The more the merrier (and the cooler I look)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.