GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Banners"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/07/01 at 01:46
Regular
I noticed the banners across the top of every page on this website and wondered how you made them rotate?

Do you use a certain javascript code or something or do you just have a set banner for set pages?

Comments Appreciated

Dav1d
Sat 21/07/01 at 00:11
Regular
"everyone says it"
Andrew Hunt wrote:
> The banner system took ages to program. It uses PHP and MySQL and
> does some tricky stuff so that different banners can get more page
> impressions then others.

Darkus never answered my question. Was my GBA (hand/grab) banner successful compared to other SR banners??

Thanks
Fri 20/07/01 at 23:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
For the Love of God don't use JavaScript.

A good banner rotation program will do you nicely but there's no excuse for not writing your own (in PHP of course, or we'll send Big Mick round to break your legs).

On the main homepage there is an "Advertise on SR" link at the bottom of the page.
Fri 20/07/01 at 19:03
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Just wondering how much it is to advertise on Freeola???

And what kinda ad's do you accept and not allow??

Thanx ...
Fri 20/07/01 at 17:08
If you go here you will find all that you need in Javascript.

www.wsabstract.com
follow the link for images and music scripts there are a couple of random pic/banner scripts that you could try out.

Zee
Fri 20/07/01 at 14:08
Regular
Thanks.....I'll check it out
Fri 20/07/01 at 14:01
Regular
""
There are other ways of doing this. I've found a few SSI examples using CGI freeware that can be downloaded from the 'net.

Although I haven't tried it yet on my site, www.cgi-factory.com looks to have a good one (plus a few other decent-looking scripts). You configure the code for your server, upload your gifs and it does the rest for you. It even has an admin page that gives you some click analysis (you can't beat a bit of free analysis...).

Let us know how you get on, and we all might try it.
Fri 20/07/01 at 11:52
Regular
sorry.. *recipe*
Fri 20/07/01 at 11:51
Regular
OK.....You wouldnt happen to want to share your little redipe?! pleeease :)

Anyway, what banner do you show the most?....I'm always seeing that Mat Hoffman one.....or maybe thats just the one I seem to be noticing.......

Dav1d
Fri 20/07/01 at 08:34
Regular
The banner system took ages to program. It uses PHP and MySQL and does some tricky stuff so that different banners can get more page impressions then others.
Fri 20/07/01 at 01:46
Regular
I noticed the banners across the top of every page on this website and wondered how you made them rotate?

Do you use a certain javascript code or something or do you just have a set banner for set pages?

Comments Appreciated

Dav1d

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.