GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell: PT - a heartfelt plea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow'.
Thu 29/04/04 at 23:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Hi all.

I bought a copy of Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow from eBay on the cheap, and even though I knew full well it was a promo copy, it was still the full version of the game so I didn't think I'd run into any problems with it. But I have. For some reason, it won't let me play system link with a mate, it says it's not the same copy of the game and won't let me multi-player it up.

So I ask you this - bearing in mind it's the full version of the game, works perfectly in single player and works perfectly over Xbox Live (I've already been drubbed several times), does anyone want to swap their copy of the game for mine? I'll try and throw in some sort of incentive, possibly monetary.

If you're interested, reply and we'll talk.
Tue 04/05/04 at 18:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Or better yet, so that you don't have to download it again to play on
> Live, tell monkey_man to bring his Xbox over to yours and recover
> your Xbox Live account via his Xbox. Then download the patch to his
> Xbox.

You can't access your Live account on someone else's Xbox though, can you? And I don't think the patch is stored anywhere where you can just put it on a memory card and copy it over.
Tue 04/05/04 at 01:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Well if the reason that you are having problems is due to you having the patch and him not, then go through the memory bit on the dashboard and search through the hard drive for the patch, then delete.

Or better yet, so that you don't have to download it again to play on Live, tell monkey_man to bring his Xbox over to yours and recover your Xbox Live account via his Xbox. Then download the patch to his Xbox.
Tue 04/05/04 at 01:38
Regular
Snuggly you silly person :p
Tue 04/05/04 at 01:35
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Gah, this is spasticated. Right, I've got a copy and have Xbox Live at home, which probably means I downloaded the necessary patch (whether I did it on purpose I can't remember. But monkey_man has it, but doesn't have an Xbox Live account, so he can't download the patch so we can play system link. Am I missing a really obvious oversight here or something?

Help, I want to play nerdy hide and seek!
Fri 30/04/04 at 01:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah OK, I'll swap it for mine...
Fri 30/04/04 at 00:07
Regular
It'll be because the game automatically downloads the 2 patches that have been release when you go on Live. Either delete 'em off your harddrive or find a way of getting the patches on your mates Xbox and you'll be fine.
Thu 29/04/04 at 23:52
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh no, its on the disc as well.
Thu 29/04/04 at 23:50
Regular
You have to download it separately.
Thu 29/04/04 at 23:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I played the PC demo of this about 5 mins ago.

It really is a cracking game, i dont know if it has a multiplayer demo on this one as well though.
Thu 29/04/04 at 23:39
Regular
and your tagline is filth :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.