GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is 'Never Been Kissed' the greatest film ever?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 21:33
Regular
I first saw this film about 5 months ago and it is one of the best films i have ever seen.It is funny and cool. If you haven't seen it make sure you cheak it out Very soon. from sammy (sf)
Sat 21/07/01 at 15:49
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
loki wrote:
> How can you talk
> about the best teen movies without mentioning the film
> that started
> the current trend? Look at all the well scripted witty
> teen dramas
> based on classic stories (10 Things, She's All That etc) -> it all
> started with Amy Heckerling's Clueless, starring Alicia > Silverstone.
> Funny, sweet and clever it is one of the best movies of
> all time.

Well really you could start on about John Hughes and John Landis as well, predate Clueless and established many of the text book teen characters, plots and morals - though I do understand/agree with the "current" etc.

Most won't call it a teen movie, it is undoubtedly a coming of age picture, but has anyone seen The Virgin Suicides? Another receint picture up there with Election in terms of quality. Not a comedy but pure class. Also got a great soundtrack from Air.
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:41
Regular
"WWJD"
exsactly...... but your suppose to say something its alto better
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Q: Is Never Been Kissed the greatest film ever?
A: No. Next topic please.
Fri 20/07/01 at 21:29
Regular
"WWJD"
this movies allright not the best movie ever, not by far its one of them teen movies but still good if you havent seen it rent it out
Wed 18/07/01 at 12:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Oh the humanity"

"Bulimia is like, so '87"

"That pudwhapper stepped on my foot!"
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:59
Regular
"not dead"
I was talking to my wife about Heathers only the other day!

Top, top movie!
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Heathers.

I'm glad someone else brought that up.
"Greetings and Salutations"
"I love my dead gay son"

Top movie.
Wed 18/07/01 at 11:26
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
1. I really like Drew Barrymore and I even love a lot of silly romantic comedies but the unimaginative, formulaic drivel that was Never Been Kissed even tested my patience.

2. How can you talk about the best teen movies without mentioning the film that started the current trend? Look at all the well scripted witty teen dramas based on classic stories (10 Things, She's All That etc) - it all started with Amy Heckerling's Clueless, starring Alicia Silverstone. Funny, sweet and clever it is one of the best movies of all time.

Election is the only other teen comedy of recent years to come close. It's humour is darker and more satirical though, which probably puts it closer to the brilliant Heathers (Winina Ryder and Christian Slater) than the other films in this thread.
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:07
American Pie is not a teen movie. Tenn movies are about people in Beverly hills with too much money than sense, making a complete fool of themselves.

Oh I have just thought of something that you lot might be able to help me with. I can remember a scene from a film and I cant think which one it is. What happens is there is this big house party with loads of teenagers and someone passes out and they lie them on the worksurface in the kitchen and then the person comes round and bangs their head on a pan as they sit up and then get knocked out again. It was really funny and i cant think which film it is.

seeya
Tue 17/07/01 at 10:59
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Teen Movies are, if not already, have become boring, tedious and void of any originality what-so-ever.

The only decent one I've seen is American Pie, everything else is pants compared to that ;)

./Steve

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.