GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA 3- mmmmmmm"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/07/01 at 19:42
Regular
For those of you who don't know(I doubt there are much of you), Grand Theft Auto 3 has been confirmed for release on both Playstation 2 and PC.
And probably the main aspect that gets people so excited about it is...it's in full 3D!
But there's is alos alot more about this game which makes me, and I am sure alot of others feel that the future of gaming is indeed very,very promising.
These features include:
Liberty City(the city the game is set in)is a complete physical universe with laws, rules, standards, ethics and morals. They are yours to shatter. · Over 80 gangland missions and loads of side missions.
- Work your way through the hierarchy of the gangs, meet bigger bosses, get better jobs. · Multi-layered missions interweave story elements from level to level.
- Revenge plot drives the player through the game, whilst retaining non-linearity and freedom of previous games.
- Over two dozen ways to take out another character: fist fighting (punch, kick and head butt), base ball bat, handgun, Uzi, machine gun, M-16, rocket launcher, grenade, Molotov cocktail and flame thrower.
- Organized police forces including cops, SWAT Teams, FBI, and the Army work strategically to keep Liberty City properly corrupt and somewhat safe.

Liberty City is divided into 3 districts: industrial zone, commercial district and suburban neighborhood all connected by bridges and tunnels. Each has its own look and feel - different kinds of buildings, cars, and inhabitants. As you progress through the game, new areas will open up to you eventually allowing access to the whole city.
- The streets of Liberty City are jammed with over 50 vehicles, each with their own physics. All ripe for the plucking, cabs, sedans, family cars, mini vans, SUVs, trucks (pick-ups to 18 wheelers), sports cars, convertibles, buses (school buses and metro buses), fire engines, ambulances, SWAT vehicles, and even the ice cream man are on the move in fear of losing their ride. When trying to escape a jam, boats and trains help transport players from one side of the city to the next.
- Vehicles take damage on 18 different panels.
- The time of day and night affects every mission. This city is a very different place at night and some missions can only be performed at certain times of day.
- A full-weather eco-system (including rain, fog, thunder and lightning) also affects gameplay. For example, rain makes roads slippery, fog reduces visibility, etc.
- Unpredictable pedestrian AI makes for wicked nights and strange days throughout Liberty City. Hundreds of pedestrians each with their own characteristics populate Grand Theft Auto 3’s intersections and alleyways. Businessmen hurry to work, gang members look for trouble, and hookers prowl for business. Each character acts and reacts to situations and the activity surrounding them in their own unique way.
- Over two hours of music make up the soundtrack for the City. Each vehicle is tuned to its own radio station playing a combination of licensed tracks, specially created music and talk radio.(If you played GTA2, you will be very happy to hear this feature has returned!)

Well, thats all I could dig up.
Cheers.
Tue 17/07/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
If it was M.I.A it would be missing in action.
But infact it is MIA!!!!!!!!
Pronounced:"ME-AHHH!"
For more information, listen to a song called Violenzia Domestica by Mr. Bungle
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:44
Whoooo Style! wrote:
> Usually Missing In Action Stick. It's a military term. If it's not
> that then god knows.

Thankyou, I've asked quite a few people before you and no one knew.

Missing
In
Action

MIA yeah i'll have to try and remember that. : D
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:35
Regular
"How Handy."
Usually Missing In Action Stick. It's a military term. If it's not that then god knows.
Tue 17/07/01 at 11:31
What does MIA stand for? Did you see it on the foo fighters cd?

I know that it isn't really to do with your forum but please reply cos I really would like to know.
Mon 16/07/01 at 19:42
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
For those of you who don't know(I doubt there are much of you), Grand Theft Auto 3 has been confirmed for release on both Playstation 2 and PC.
And probably the main aspect that gets people so excited about it is...it's in full 3D!
But there's is alos alot more about this game which makes me, and I am sure alot of others feel that the future of gaming is indeed very,very promising.
These features include:
Liberty City(the city the game is set in)is a complete physical universe with laws, rules, standards, ethics and morals. They are yours to shatter. · Over 80 gangland missions and loads of side missions.
- Work your way through the hierarchy of the gangs, meet bigger bosses, get better jobs. · Multi-layered missions interweave story elements from level to level.
- Revenge plot drives the player through the game, whilst retaining non-linearity and freedom of previous games.
- Over two dozen ways to take out another character: fist fighting (punch, kick and head butt), base ball bat, handgun, Uzi, machine gun, M-16, rocket launcher, grenade, Molotov cocktail and flame thrower.
- Organized police forces including cops, SWAT Teams, FBI, and the Army work strategically to keep Liberty City properly corrupt and somewhat safe.

Liberty City is divided into 3 districts: industrial zone, commercial district and suburban neighborhood all connected by bridges and tunnels. Each has its own look and feel - different kinds of buildings, cars, and inhabitants. As you progress through the game, new areas will open up to you eventually allowing access to the whole city.
- The streets of Liberty City are jammed with over 50 vehicles, each with their own physics. All ripe for the plucking, cabs, sedans, family cars, mini vans, SUVs, trucks (pick-ups to 18 wheelers), sports cars, convertibles, buses (school buses and metro buses), fire engines, ambulances, SWAT vehicles, and even the ice cream man are on the move in fear of losing their ride. When trying to escape a jam, boats and trains help transport players from one side of the city to the next.
- Vehicles take damage on 18 different panels.
- The time of day and night affects every mission. This city is a very different place at night and some missions can only be performed at certain times of day.
- A full-weather eco-system (including rain, fog, thunder and lightning) also affects gameplay. For example, rain makes roads slippery, fog reduces visibility, etc.
- Unpredictable pedestrian AI makes for wicked nights and strange days throughout Liberty City. Hundreds of pedestrians each with their own characteristics populate Grand Theft Auto 3’s intersections and alleyways. Businessmen hurry to work, gang members look for trouble, and hookers prowl for business. Each character acts and reacts to situations and the activity surrounding them in their own unique way.
- Over two hours of music make up the soundtrack for the City. Each vehicle is tuned to its own radio station playing a combination of licensed tracks, specially created music and talk radio.(If you played GTA2, you will be very happy to hear this feature has returned!)

Well, thats all I could dig up.
Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.