GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 2: Echoes..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Fri 14/05/04 at 11:41
Regular
Prior to E3, this was my most wanted game, but it obviously got overshadowed by the superpowers that are Zelda and of course the DS. Does that mean I'm not looking forward to it? Hell no!

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/515/515494p1.html[/URL]

It's starting to sound very, very interesting. The oscilation of the planet has turned out to be a key aspect of the main game mechanics, introducing two new weapons that reflect each side of the planet's state.

From the videos on IGN (all 15 of the beauties) it's looking very, very sweet, and far more action-packed than the first edition At first glance the graphics don't look any different, but there are improved when you see the videos, especially the lighting.

It was also revealed that this does follow directly on from the previous prime game, and there is Phazon in it in some form, so no doubt the name was kept for a good reason.

I have to say that multiplayer also sounds very interesting, and on LAN it work very, very well (although it has been denied).

Still not quite up there with Zelda, but damn this is looking good. I really hope it manages to surpass the original, I want soem mroe massive bosses to slay!
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:33
Regular
Yeah but the connection is small.

As for Season and Ages... err they are both totally different games... different adventures... different levels.... totally and utterly different. They both feature a fairy and they both link together...

But they are 2 totally different, seperate games.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Okay Oracles of Ages/Seasons are SORT of two different games, but not really. They're just different versions of the SAME game, essentially, which could either make them one game or two. I have confused myself.

Majora's Mask did have some part of Zelda's Legend in it, because you still had the Ocarina of Time, which is part of her spirit (or something), so I would count that. And if Oracle of Ages/Seasons has some part of Zelda in it, then it's only Link's Awakening.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:17
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Link's Awakening is the only Zelda in which doesn't exist though,
> right?

She's mentioned but she doesn't appear in the oracle games either... nor, bar one small flash back, does she appear in Majora's Mask.

It's hardly her legend.
Sat 15/05/04 at 13:08
Regular
Link's Awakening is the only Zelda in which doesn't exist though, right?
Sat 15/05/04 at 02:05
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Not all Zelda games have Zelda in it.
>
> All but 2, Link's Awakening, and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Both of
> these games are little outtakes from the actual Zelda Timeline,
> though, with one being a dream and the other being developed by
> Capcom.

Lets be honest... Ages/season are 2 games...

Zelda wasn't REALLY in Majora's Mask... it wasn't Zelda's legend.
Fri 14/05/04 at 21:22
Regular
The Oracles had Zelda in them! :-)

She got kidnapped in the end. :-)

Zelda wasn't actually in Majora's Mask bar a flash back, but Link's Awakening is the only TRUE Zelda-free Zelda game. :-)
Fri 14/05/04 at 21:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dringo wrote:
> Not all Zelda games have Zelda in it.

All but 2, Link's Awakening, and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Both of these games are little outtakes from the actual Zelda Timeline, though, with one being a dream and the other being developed by Capcom.
Fri 14/05/04 at 17:37
Regular
Yeah, seems to be a series in itself now with three games.
Fri 14/05/04 at 16:46
Regular
Remember though Rickoss that the 'Prime' name is used to describe the first person Metroid games.

Not all Zelda games have Zelda in it.
Fri 14/05/04 at 16:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Maybe ol' Metroid Prime is back for some more Phazon-fuelled funness?

The whole Ing/Lumin-whatnot plot sounds good, like Dark Samus. And the multiplayer - the Hacker upgrade in particular - sounds unmissable. Want. Now!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.