GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal 3 - WOW!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal Tournament III'.
Fri 14/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
Half Life 2 isn't the only one that can give amazing visuals.

[URL]http://media.pc.ign.com/media/670/670283/imgs_1.html[/URL]

*Drools*
Fri 14/05/04 at 14:40
Regular
Half Life 2 isn't the only one that can give amazing visuals.

[URL]http://media.pc.ign.com/media/670/670283/imgs_1.html[/URL]

*Drools*
Fri 14/05/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Damarus wrote:
> Half Life 2 isn't the only one that can give amazing visuals.
>
> [URL]http://media.pc.ign.com/media/670/670283/imgs_1.html[/URL]
>
> *Drools*

Have you seen the video of it in action (link not at hand) it's *astounding*, but I dread to think of the power needed to run it smoothly. Well out of my current pc's league.
Fri 14/05/04 at 14:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Without a doubt one of the most visually impressive games around, I saw the video about a week ago and despite its low quality (the video that is) it still looked amazing. Two things though, Unreal 2 was a big disappointment, looked great but was just yet another formulaic shoot em up that should have been more, and Unreal 3 itself probably wont be out until 2006. So I've heard.
Sat 15/05/04 at 08:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It looks amazing, I have to admit: Each character in Unreal 3 has the same number of polygons as a level in Unreal 2. The lighting effects were astounding as well. Fan tan tan tan tastic.

Only two problems: The release date and the amount of diskspace that it'll take up.
Sat 15/05/04 at 09:20
Regular
How big is the video?
Sat 15/05/04 at 09:42
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> It looks amazing, I have to admit: Each character in Unreal 3 has the
> same number of polygons as a level in Unreal 2.

Listen to the video again, it's the original Unreal game. I guess the American accent is beyond your understanding, eh?
Sat 15/05/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Teal'c"
Impressive.
I'd still rather have STALKER though.
Sat 15/05/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Icarust wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
> It looks amazing, I have to admit: Each character in Unreal 3 has
> the
> same number of polygons as a level in Unreal 2.
>
> Listen to the video again, it's the original Unreal game. I guess the
> American accent is beyond your understanding, eh?

No, it's my poor memory: It's about two weeks since I last saw that video clip. =P
Sun 16/05/04 at 00:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hopefully they'll actually have a game to go with the impressive visuals this time, Unreal 2 for the time was one of the finest looking games around but it disappointed many people and ended up forgotten about by the majority of gamers. I'd be more interested in seeing a new Unreal Tournament game using that engine though.
Sun 16/05/04 at 10:32
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I agree- something with graphics that good would be ideal for multiplayer, and with an improved arsenal and blood effects it would be perfect.

Bring on UT 2005! =D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.