GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Future Of Gaming"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/04/00 at 07:22
Regular
Hi neo here, Lately i have been thinking about when the the voodoo4 will come out becase i am so looking forward to seing all the brilliant graphics, i already own a voodoo3 3000 in exicting computer and it is good but it does not work on all the games i would like it to work on e.g Delta Force 2. This will not stop me buying an amazing voodoo4/5 though they are just the best cards around if you are more of a gaming person that is. The voodoo4 will help me and my frieand have better network games round my house as well because all 5 of our computers will have a decent 3D card. So all the games will run really smoothly with out that occasional jurk you get when the computers cant handle it.

Ovrerall i am looking forward towards getting my voodoo4 because it will allow me to get even better games than i do now and be able to play them really well, Becase i wont be complanning about the graphics all the time.

Thanks for reading neo
Wed 30/08/00 at 18:32
:oP
Wed 03/05/00 at 21:09
Silverblade wrote:
> bother with Delta Force!
> I ONLY want Voodoo cards because they are normally far better
> supported and are less hassle than any others! And I deal with
> computers a LOT!

Ok, firstly no card is really gonna support Delta Force because as yet there are no cards that support Voxels in hardware, so theres no chance of any card giving Delta Force (2) a real boost in performance.

However, the card with the best fill rate, and the card that can take the most load of the CPU will be the best for DF(2)....and i'm afraid the Voodoo4/5 just hasn't got that...

Compare the Geforce 2 GTS now that is a card to be looked at. T's already got a 20fps lead on the Voodoo 5500 in benchmarks on Q3f, and thats in some really high resolutions....

The Geforce 2 GTS is the only card that i would pay any attention to atm. Anyone seen the new NV15 level for Q3a? Was designed to show of the capabilities of the Geforce 2 and man does it show. My TNT2u dropped down to 8 fps just from walking through the level, the amount of polygons is ludicrous, same goes for the V3 3500 and the V5 5500. But play this level on a Geforce 2 and you'll see how well it performs.

All this hype about how good the V5 is, is exactly that, just hype.
Fri 07/04/00 at 19:02
Take at look at these Quake3 Arena Pictures using voodoo 4/5.
They are at the 3Dfx gamers web site.

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/view.asp?IOID=1028

They look rather good i can't wait to buy one of these cards.
Fri 07/04/00 at 18:42
bother with Delta Force!
I ONLY want Voodoo cards because they are normally far better supported and are less hassle than any others! And I deal with computers a LOT!
Silverblade
Wed 05/04/00 at 19:02
I agree with you Neo, I'm looking forward to it as well.

Ant
Wed 05/04/00 at 07:22
Hi neo here, Lately i have been thinking about when the the voodoo4 will come out becase i am so looking forward to seing all the brilliant graphics, i already own a voodoo3 3000 in exicting computer and it is good but it does not work on all the games i would like it to work on e.g Delta Force 2. This will not stop me buying an amazing voodoo4/5 though they are just the best cards around if you are more of a gaming person that is. The voodoo4 will help me and my frieand have better network games round my house as well because all 5 of our computers will have a decent 3D card. So all the games will run really smoothly with out that occasional jurk you get when the computers cant handle it.

Ovrerall i am looking forward towards getting my voodoo4 because it will allow me to get even better games than i do now and be able to play them really well, Becase i wont be complanning about the graphics all the time.

Thanks for reading neo

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.