GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ghost Recon or Socom : Which is better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/05/04 at 16:58
Regular
"56 000"
I was thinking of getting Ghost Recon 2 and I've been on a demo.But I was also thinking of getting Socom 2. I havn't played on Socom.

I liked the realistic strategy in Ghost Recon from what I played in the demo. But is Socom better? and whats the difference?

I was hoping you guys or girls could help me here?

Thanks
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
yea for 15 quid it's worth a buy. The single player mode is decent
Mon 24/05/04 at 10:11
Regular
"56 000"
Is Rainbow six 3 worth buying when the price drops below £15?
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
If you have your PS2 online get Socom 2. Avoid Rainbow six 3 though at all costs on the ps2 as it is indeed awful, crap online mode and a very average single play mode.

Havn't played ghost recon much but I found it just like most clancy game, I prefer socom 2 myself.
Fri 21/05/04 at 16:09
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I like both GR and S2 for different reasons, but (if you're online) I would go for S2 with a headset if I were you.

If there were more people online with GR, I'd play that much more than I do. It's got loads of missions and maps and makes S2 feel a bit samey online (there are no bots and few objectives with S2).

But Socom 2 is an absolute riot for group online play because of it's simplicity. It's good, quick fun and you can get down to some serious tactics and clan membership if you're that way inclined. + the graphics are tops.

I've not played either offline much. It's much more fun online. If you're not online, then Timesplitters 2 and Confict Desert Storm 2 would also be possibilities for you.
Thu 20/05/04 at 22:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If you're after online play as well as single player gaming then Socom is the one to go for there. Only played the first Ghost Recon and not the new Jungle Storm yet (left up on my shelf somewhere waiting to be played) and i enjoyed the single player game far more then Socom's. Socom has annoying retarded team-mates that make stealthy infiltration of bases impossible, while Ghost Recon has quite good team orders allowing you to attack a base in two directions.

So if you after just single player - Ghost Recon

Or if you're after online too then go for Socom
Thu 20/05/04 at 19:25
Regular
": ("
Rainbow Six 3 Kicks ass......at FPS games.
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:54
Regular
A.S. wrote:
> I never said that it was worse than Ghost Recon.

Thanks for that.

I was merely relating this back to the original discussion.
Thu 20/05/04 at 18:45
Regular
Ubi Soft screwed up the port of Ghost Recon as well as Rainbow Six 3 on PS2. The fact it's a screwed up port kinda shows you how bad Ghost Recon on PS2 is.
Thu 20/05/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I never said that it was worse than Ghost Recon.
Thu 20/05/04 at 17:22
Regular
Well considering how good the Xbox version was, I doubt Ubi Soft would screw up the conversion to the extent that it's worse than Ghost Recon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.