GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo ---- Boring??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 10:46
"yeah, i know......."
Do you think nintendo are boring? I mean, I own a Gamecube, an SP and yet I still feel that the games are relatively poor and extra hardware is Scarce. I personally think that they need new games and not just sequels or prequels. What do you guys think?
Mon 07/06/04 at 10:30
Regular
Darwock wrote:

> For the record AM2 were always superior to AV in every way. VF4:
> Final Tuned baby...! Yeah!

AM2 aren't really my cup of tea, they make games that have a massive amount of money pumped into them and they are far bigger than AV.

Then again it is not as if AM2 don't develop for the Gamecube, Virtual Fighter Quest is set to change that.

It is sad that Nintendo don't seem to have AM2 or Smilebit on their side as they only release a few of their more odd titles for the Gamecube. I wouldn't mind Shenmue and I'd kill for Jet Set Radio.

But Nintendo still have the support from Sonic Team and Amusement Vision... and although far from brilliant... they both help fill the hole left by RARE along with Retro Studio's of course.
Sun 06/06/04 at 15:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
As Cherita Chen would say: "Chut Up".
Sun 06/06/04 at 14:46
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I agree they need more games
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
And Overworks were always better than AM2. Skies was one of the finest games ever to come out of Sega.

But now Overworks don't exist anymore.
Wed 02/06/04 at 11:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Shows how much knowledge of Sega you can glean from surfing Nintendo websites ;-)

For the record AM2 were always superior to AV in every way. VF4: Final Tuned baby...! Yeah!
Wed 02/06/04 at 00:22
Regular
tphi wrote:
> What are AV doing now?
>
> I heard the teams are getting re-jigged because of the Sammy merge.

AV have announced nothing and are probably working on Gamecube software.

Probably will be re-jiggled yes.
Tue 01/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
What are AV doing now?

I heard the teams are getting re-jigged because of the Sammy merge.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:23
Regular
Truth be told, recent SEGA titles are very dissapointing. The SEGA team who are still on constant form are Amusement Vision. Monkey Ball and F Zero are wonderful titles.
Thu 27/05/04 at 18:18
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> *fears for Mav's sanity*

Yeah, but those three weren't officially released on the Dreamcast and there were literally tons of other worthwhile games available for the PSX.
Thu 27/05/04 at 13:49
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> And that was my point. The best, most 'fun' games are still made by
> Sega... whereas Nintendo are yep, pretty boring.

Hehe. :-)
No one said it was the best either, although it probably trounced Luigi's Mansion. :-)

As great as Monkey Ball and Soccer Slam are, I still wouldn't choose them over Smash Brothers or Pikmin.
But each to their own. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.