GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VIII"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VIII'.
Tue 25/05/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hey, i have FFVIII and it crashes almost all the time on the main opening movie, so i was just wondering, does anybody else have this problem? or is my version messed up, lol, well and a few of my friends' version's

just thought i should ask, to try and find out.

(this is the brother of the normal person with this name)
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Maybe it stops when squalls face appears because his face is so bad that it can break mirrors, other than that you have the same boring problem as me, I may just go out and buy it again though.

Anyway I think they should make remakes of them for the ps2 even though the in game movies are brilliant as they are!

Hehehehe

o \
o*/
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Legendary Red Dwarf"
I have the problem it stops for a bit when squalls face appears i dont know why i look after it very well. funny maybe a chock up when they realesed it in europe.
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Never had a problem with my copy, curse my luck :-D
Wed 26/05/04 at 03:52
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
I've restarted FF VIII last month on my PS 2 and it works fine.
Wed 26/05/04 at 00:58
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea the exact time it crashes on the intro is immediately as squall's sword digs in the ground.
Tue 25/05/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Never had a problem with my copy, curse my luck :-D
Tue 25/05/04 at 21:42
"period drama"
I remember something went wrong with my copy on the movies when I first got it. Had to get a replacement.
Ho-hum, such is life.
Tue 25/05/04 at 21:04
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I did mine on the PS2. As for buying a new one im the sort of guy who would steal penny sweets if I could. ;)
Tue 25/05/04 at 20:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The first copy of FF8 that I bought also kept crashing at the main intro sequence. I had to take the game back to the store and exchange it for another one, and 3 hours to start up a game? I would have just bought a new copy of the game.
Tue 25/05/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Jackpot!"
thats the main annoying thing, you have to wait ages to restart, but i suppose since its a good game its kinda worth it, is it any quicker on the ps2? i have only tried it on the ps1

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.