GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thief 3 - Deadly Shadows"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows'.
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:10
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
godDamn, when did that sneak out?

Anyone played it? Any Good? Is it true the PC version is a ported Xbox version, i.e. Environments aren't as open?

Grumble. Bloody hell, I'll have to get some cash together. I love the second one (the first is crap.)
Sat 29/05/04 at 14:00
Regular
Oh, I'd forgotten about this game. Ah yes, now I remember. Medieval pickpocketing shadowcraft. Yes. I'll be getting this.
Sat 29/05/04 at 08:21
Regular
"eat toast!"
lets not forget who came up with the idea of hiding in shadows first and picking up bodies, knocking people out for quieter take downs, mantelling, shooting out lights and using sound as a factor in stealth. It was thief. But due to some poor sales (namely poor advertisement and some ignorant gamers) the company that made the games went bust. Shame.

I've heard that you'll mostly be playing it first person. Gamespot claims that the 3rd person was a bit pointless.
Sat 29/05/04 at 02:01
Regular
Dark Project.

And it's far better than Splinter Cell, which is actually the most obviously 'rip-off' game ever.
Fri 28/05/04 at 23:13
Regular
Looking forward to this. Deus Ex 2 was great fun, and I've always wanted to play a Thief game.
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:34
Regular
It'll most likely play like SC, but think about it - it's going to be far more tactical sine you won't have NV or Thermals...
Fri 28/05/04 at 12:29
Regular
Just looks like oldy worldy Splinter Cell with beards to me.
Fri 28/05/04 at 10:39
Regular
"eat toast!"
i hear the rope arrows are gone. Which is a shame because it was one of the main features that made the game interesting as you could go to unreachable areas to do things.

Its a bit like GTA 3 and VC. you go around town choosing the mission you want to go to. Unlike the last 2 all weapons and equipment are kept which means hoarding and makes the game less demanding (but than if you're using stealth properly, you could have won it without all those goods).

AI i've heard has been improved as they now react to odd things like where that golden vase has gone and has someone stolen it. Also if they think they're being followed, they'll stand still and make sure.

if you're spotted you can now out run them as they get exhausted. Drawn maps make a great return as well. ALso they now think the game is a bit small. The "city" feels more like a town and the levels although well made, are only slightly bigger.

Yes the undead and fish like men make an appearance. Holy water people.
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Yeah I preferred Metal Age to Dark Age (was that it's name?).

Yup.

> This one really looks something special though. As long as it maintains the charm of the Thief series I'll be satisfied :)

I just love the storyline in the second. I don't think the third installment travels the supernatural route, but as long as I get to step into Garretts slippers and steal some crap again, while saving the world he lives in, I'll be happy. I think Metal Age was one of the only titles I played for eight straight hours since I was a kid.
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:26
Regular
Yeah I preferred Metal Age to Dark Age (was that it's name?). This one really looks something special though. As long as it maintains the charm of the Thief series I'll be satisfied :)
Fri 28/05/04 at 09:23
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßulle†† wrote:
> You had me there :D

I jus**t saw the link while browsing for tv shows and nearly sh*t myself. Warren Spector is heavily involved, so it'll hopefully be on the same level of genius as Sys**tem Shock one and two, and metal age (*didn't* like thief one, too linear, s**till the engine worked wonders in the second one). Hopefully................

> I'm waiting for this game too. Waiting a long time! Finally it's
> getting a release though. The one of Suprnova may be a USA version -
> The Xbox version of Killswitch was available on there Months before
> the UK release.

Ahhhh, might well be. I didn't realise that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.