GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SMTP server - help needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/07 at 10:27
Regular
I want to access my old email account through outlookexpress. (It is an old freeserve (now orange) account. I can recieve but cannot send.

Using:

pop.orangehome.co.uk
smtp.freeola.net

Is this possible, or do I have to connect to my old dial up account to do this. Very annoying.
Wed 10/01/07 at 00:14
Regular
If you absolutley have to keep your old email address there are company's which allow you for a small fee to use there's, I use a laptop a lot and connect to different people's isp's and was unable to send emails when away so I use http://www.uk.clara.net/homeaccess/mail_and_news.php

£9.99 per year didn't at first use the email account only the smtp server.
Sat 06/01/07 at 10:59
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
You won't be able to use the Freeola outgoing email server to write using your freeserve email account. Most providers stop this to prevent spammers.

You could try using the outgoing freeserve/orange email server and see if they allow it - some providers do, most don't.

Failing that I would suggest you either reply using a Freeola account so that you can start to move away from freeserve OR use freeserve webmail which will allow you to read and write using your freeserve account.

I'm not sure, but you may find after 90 days or so, freeserve may want to remove your account if you no longer connect to them.

Hope this helps...
Sat 06/01/07 at 10:27
Regular
I want to access my old email account through outlookexpress. (It is an old freeserve (now orange) account. I can recieve but cannot send.

Using:

pop.orangehome.co.uk
smtp.freeola.net

Is this possible, or do I have to connect to my old dial up account to do this. Very annoying.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.