GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy piracy ?????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/06/04 at 12:32
Regular
Yesterday by brother bought "Sonic Advance 2" Game cartridge, it came complete with the box and the manual, packages, and everything. And when I was reading the manual, they mentiomed that something should be referred at page 25 while the manual was only 6 pages!! So does that mean that it's a fake ? or maybe they made a mistake ? O r are there gameboy pirate copies and I don't know about it ? Also if someone has sonic advance 2 please tell me how many pages is the manual.
Sat 05/06/04 at 09:48
Regular
Fair enough - it's sometimes hard to tell as some people (though mainly 'noobs' don't think before they type :D
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> The Seal of Quality isn't used to say whether a game is good or bad.
> Just to say that it is made officially and that it is fully
> compatable with the unit it was designed for.

J....o.....k.....e
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Exactly.. Universal Studios had one.
Fri 04/06/04 at 21:20
Regular
The Seal of Quality isn't used to say whether a game is good or bad. Just to say that it is made officially and that it is fully compatable with the unit it was designed for.
Fri 04/06/04 at 13:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mind you i wouldnt expect to see a seal of quality on any sonic game, given how they are all so bad.
Fri 04/06/04 at 13:43
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> The seal of quality should be shiny.

Though in some cases, isn't. - I've seen it red before - and it weren't a fake. Can't remember where mind...it was an official Nintendo product - just not a game.
Fri 04/06/04 at 13:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The seal of quality should be shiny.
Thu 03/06/04 at 18:18
Regular
"French the Fries!"
I have numerous pirate games all thanks to E-bay; they look as though they are just American, but they're all pirate:

1) Pokemon Sapphire - every time I turn on the game it says the save file is corrupt, however still plays fine. BUT when I tried linking it to Colluseum, it says 'THE SAVE FILE IS CORRUPT' and crashes. Also has a black cartridge not a blue clear one like normal.

2)LoZ: A link to the past - Works fine in single player, does NOT work when I try and play the Four Swords game.

3) Crash Bandicoot 2: N Tranced(?) - Will not save but plays fine.

4) Super Monkey Ball Jr - I thought this was the only one that worked, until recently when my data was gone when I turned it on. I started again, and just yesterday, it was gone again, when it had previously saved fine!

These also have dodgy printing on the carboard boxes, with about 2 page 'instruction booklets', and have the 'E for everyone' instead of age ratings.
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:21
Regular
If it works, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The Seal of Quality on British games is a perfect circle. On American it's oval. There's usually a notice on the box saying "Not to be sold or used outside of United States, Mexico and Canada" or something along those lines (however Game were selling American copies of the two Oracles games on GBC)
Wed 02/06/04 at 16:14
Regular
If it works then it's ok, right ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.