GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capitalising on the stupidity of gamers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was up town yesterday and decided that, before i met up with my friend, i'd pop into my local another world store and have a looksee around to see if they had an import i hadn't recieved yet. As usual they didn't so i had my little browse through the PSX section for nostalgic purposes and came across gold.

I discovered Front Mission 3, the only strategic RPG that had managed to escape my grasp and a game i had been searching for for a good few years now.

and the best part, 2 copies of Suikoden 2 in very good shape for £6.99 each, which i grabbed before the other guy who was browsing next to me could see them. Needless to say they'll be getting slapped up on Ebay soon to be sold for a good 50 quid each profit at least.

Whoever the morons were who returned those games i wish i could shake them by the hand, thank them for their stupidity and then laugh in their face.

:-D
Mon 07/06/04 at 01:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Silent Death wrote:
> So this Suikoden game is it really good enough to be sold for 70 quids
> ????

More to do with the rarity of it than anything else but it is a very good game as well.
Sun 06/06/04 at 20:01
Regular
So this Suikoden game is it really good enough to be sold for 70 quids ????
Sun 06/06/04 at 14:29
Regular
"The Red Shift"
:)

like someone else said.

major-ca's in da balaaaaaaairiks innit?!

personally i prefer to call it mallorca.
Sun 06/06/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Clazon wrote:
> majora

A lesson learned.

:)
Sun 06/06/04 at 09:36
Regular
"The Red Shift"
is darwock a boxer?
Sat 05/06/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> cheers.
>
> like i say, can you post a select few rpg's, pleeeeease.

Front Mission 4 (june release)
Phantom Brave (august)
Star Ocean 3 (august)
Suikoden 3 (out now)
Xenosaga (out now)
Dragon Warrior 8 i think we're up to now (god knows with this one, not out in japan yet i think)

> and if i bought a US version is it cheaper than UK?

Depends where you're buying it from, the game itself will be cheaper due to the exchange rate but you'll probably get hammered on the shipping. Like i said it's best to ask Darwock or someone like that about this area of importing because i get all my stuff free from my contacts.
Sat 05/06/04 at 22:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
cheers.

like i say, can you post a select few rpg's, pleeeeease.

and if i bought a US version is it cheaper than UK?
Sat 05/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Another World
Sat 05/06/04 at 21:52
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lalakersrule wrote:
> also, what's this import games shop?
>
> Not an import games shop, just a shop that has a small import section
> along with the normal lot of games.

well atleast i know that there is a way of buying them over here. what's it called. it too requires research. i've seen a store with preowned us and jap games but another one wouldn't hurt :)
Sat 05/06/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Mav wrote:
> Ignorance rather than stupidy

Tis a thin line between the two though :-D

> But good buy!

Yep, i've been smiling like a cheshire cat for the past two days each time i see the games on my shelf :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.