GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google's new fade in home page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/11/09 at 18:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm not sure if many other people have seen this, but Google have been trailing a new feature on their home page, where by the Google logo and search box is the only item on screen for a couple of seconds, before the rest of the content appears.

I've been getting it every so often, and have to say all it does is bug the hell out of me. I have a Google account, and when I go to google.co.uk with the intention of logging in, having to wait for the link to fade up is just irritating.

Has anybody else seen this fade up feature, and if so, what's your take on it??
Fri 04/12/09 at 17:45
"Are you sure?"
Google Now you see it now you don't

The live version of Google's new home page 'fade' has been released...
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 25/11/09 at 16:26
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Change can be great, but I can't consider a change of hidding links I often click to be a helpful change.

I like Bing's daily backdrops, with snippets of info about each one, and the results are just as good as Google's, and the mouse-over video preview feature is very handy.

Not too sure what to make of the News Corp thing. They may very well be shooting themselves in the foot - will Sun readers pay to read it online?
Tue 24/11/09 at 12:51
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
You guys just can't deal with change can you. But as for migrating to Bing, never!!! Well unless they actually gave me a reason for using it over Google.

News Corp and other sites are thinking about blocking themselves from Google and other search engines then allow Microsoft and Google to have a bidding war over who can link to them through their search engines. Then you might have to use something else!
Mon 23/11/09 at 16:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Seems to have gone again, maybe they've detected I'm using Bing now and this is my punishment?

I've also wondered what is taking them so long to sort out the AdSense log-in.

On a side note about Bing, I'm so glad they no longer redirect their map link to that god awful MultiMap site now.
Mon 23/11/09 at 08:58
"Are you sure?"
Here's a YouTube video of Google's Fade for those that haven't seen it.

They try lot's of things and most don't make it :¬)

I'm still not happy with Google's SuperSize text change, I can't believe they are taking so long to fix the Adsense Automatic sign in bug, I'll stop there! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 22/11/09 at 18:58
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
No problems this end cjh, google as usual
Sun 22/11/09 at 18:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm not sure if many other people have seen this, but Google have been trailing a new feature on their home page, where by the Google logo and search box is the only item on screen for a couple of seconds, before the rest of the content appears.

I've been getting it every so often, and have to say all it does is bug the hell out of me. I have a Google account, and when I go to google.co.uk with the intention of logging in, having to wait for the link to fade up is just irritating.

Has anybody else seen this fade up feature, and if so, what's your take on it??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.