GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do you think bout prices of ps2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/07/01 at 16:18
Regular
What doe people think about the prices of the Playstation 2 do you think they should come down a bit or stay as they are?are the prices resonable and have you got one?if not why not?
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Especially if you bought it second hand, with a reciept mind. Bargain.
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Ben - PS2 Addict! wrote:
DVD Player - Sony DVD players are generally in the region of
£270.

But the PS2 doesnt include a DVD player worth £270. Its only would be worth around £150 as its a basic model. Its still great and Iam very happy with it as I now have a DVD player, if the the PS2 didnt have the ability to play DVD films then I would'nt have got a stand alone DVD player.

All in all the PS2 is well worth the money.
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:06
Playstation 2 is an awesome console.

Right from day one from when we were seeing the first screenshots of Tekken Tag Tournament I knew this console would be brilliant.
The console is mainly aimed at older teenagers through to people in the mid 20s, therefore they are believed to have enough money to afford new things so Sony decided to create the ultimate home entertainment unit. They decided to include things that we could never have dreamed of in a videogaming console (remember the days when the greatest consoles only played games eg Mega Drive???).
For your £270 you get the best games console with the greatest games ever - look at GT3, Metal Gear Solid 2 and loads loads more to see what I mean. Also, they have included the PSone engine so that you do not have to discard your old classics such as Bishi Bashi Special (A MUST HAVE GAME!). Not only that but a DVD player too. Whatever rumours you have heard of DVD playback, it is exceptionally good and matches any DVD player I have seen.

Prices:-

PS2 - For a newly launched console to be released at just £300 is good considering the Saturn was launched at £450.

PSone - Currently still selling well at £80 plus you get improved graphics and loading times.

DVD Player - Sony DVD players are generally in the region of £270.

So you have the ultimate games console worth £450
A Psone console worth £80
A DVD player worth £270

And you pay just £270????? Bargain.
Mon 09/07/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
The price of the machine is reasonable. Look what you get over the PS1, and remember that that was £300 when it was released too. I'm sure the PS2 prive will come down to meet/undercut the other consoles when they are released.

As for the games, I recon once the user base is up the prices will come down. Its all about sony and the develo0pers trying to cover costs while there arent many machines in peoples houses at the mo. Once this is done and dusted, the prices will fall, and the Platinum range is sure to return as it was such a success on the PS1.
Sun 08/07/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The console's about right at the mo, but the ganes should definitely come down.
Sun 08/07/01 at 18:09
I have PS2, it's amazing, the game prices however are a little high, then again they are A-Class games with no room to put them down, price aint a problem if you think about it, if the game is worth the dosh stop complaining. Have fun with it, they'll comedown soon enough anyway.
Sun 08/07/01 at 16:59
I think the console still represents the best value system on the market today. I believed that when it was 299.99 and I still believe it at 269.99. I just think Sony need to realise there not the only ones in this game anymore......but thats another topic lol
Sun 08/07/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
doesn't bother me since i have one but they'll have to drop it to around the £200 mark if they want strong sales to continue through the Xbox and Gamecube release.
Sun 08/07/01 at 16:18
What doe people think about the prices of the Playstation 2 do you think they should come down a bit or stay as they are?are the prices resonable and have you got one?if not why not?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.