GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hammered"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/01 at 15:24
Regular
Which games in your game collection are you NEVER going to sell/trade-in, because you keep going back to them again, and again, and again....

For me there are a few:

Sim City 3000 UK Edition (PC), because it's ALWAYS different everytime you play, and there are addons to get, expansions, new buildings...so limitless gameplay possibilities are there.

Skies of Arcadia (DC), because it's HUGE and fun, and although the storyline is always the same each time you play, the limitless possibilities of exploration and the challenge of finding everything each time you play from scratch is always there.

MSR (DC), because there's NO LIMIT to your hi-score, you just gotta practice, practice, practice...

TOCA 2 (PSX), see above, plus the added fun factor of multi-player mode makes it one of the best two-player games I've got.

All my other games, including the Final Fantasy Series, I could quite happily sell as they've been hammered to death, although I would have 'some' qualms about selling my FF games as they've been in my collection for years, so they've got sentimental value which I wouldn't recoup by selling them.

So, how about you?
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:42
At the moment these are the games I own on my PS2:

Dead or Alive 2
Madden NFL
Tiger Woods Golf
Timesplitters
ISS
Red Faction
Onimusha

The games that I am definately going to keep are Dead or Alive 2, Tiger Woods and Red Faction. Onimusha I am not sure about, because it all depends on whether there is anything to keep me coming back to it once I have completed it.

I shall probably get rid of ISS when the the new ISS Evolution comes out on PS2. It is a similar thing for Timesplitters. I will probably get rid of it when Timesplitters 2 comes out. I am not sure about NFL yet. I haven't been playing it lately, so I will just have to see about this one.
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:36
MSR(DC)- What FM said.
Soul calibur (DC)- SO many modes and more modes in that.
Resi evil veronica (DC)- Who doesn't like killing zombies?
THPS2 (GBA)- Jus keep on riding that bored.
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:21
Before I bought a N64, I swore to myself (naughty, I know) that I wasn't going to sell any N64 games because they were all expensive - 4 years later, 75% of the games I had (approx.) are now sold. So much for the swearing.
Fri 06/07/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I have sold games in the past, but Im going to keep all my PS2 games. I still have all my old megadrive games though, and am still collecting them.

If anyone wants to sell any... :D
Fri 06/07/01 at 13:32
Regular
Any of my Lucasarts point and click games.
X-Wing collection...
Heroes of Might and Magic.
Skies of Arcadia.
Theme Hospital. (!)
Street Fighter 2 (Megadrive. We don't even have the sodding console anymore.)
Oh yeah, and TMNT on the C64.
Fri 06/07/01 at 08:46
Regular
"I like cheese"
Metal Gear Solid, Zone Of The Enders and Red Faction at the moment.
Thu 05/07/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Back For Good"
I won't consider selling any of my games, I've been building a nice collecton of PS1 games for years now.
Thu 05/07/01 at 17:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I will never sell GT1, SSX and GT3. Also I will never sell Sonic 3, even for an extortionate amount of money!
Thu 05/07/01 at 16:26
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
All I can say is that I am never, ever going to sell Tony Hawks on the N64. This is because it is so addictive. Many a time have I decided to play it a couple of times and then gone on to complete the Career mode a couple of times. Also I make a point of never selling any games that I have been given as presents.

:)
Thu 05/07/01 at 16:22
"High polygon count"
All of the Tomb Raider games, GT1 and GT2 (and no doubt GT3 when it's out!), all the Resident Evil games, and V-Rally 2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.