GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 'Add on's'"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/01 at 10:58
Regular
Why on all consoles is their never any add on discs. On P.C there is loads, just look at command and conquer you've got aftermath, counterstrike. It's the same with half life and the sims, personally for an extra 15 quid i think these are great, you almost get an extra game which is always a bonus. This means you keep getting updates all the way through until the next game comes through. But you never see these on any consoles, why is this? If it's because there is no hard drive bwill this change with the introduction of the PS2 harddrive (Due out in July 19th in Japan) i hope so.
Thu 05/07/01 at 13:19
If add-ons became as common as on the PC, developers would take the easy way of making money and simple give us the same over and over again.
GFA london and MGS SM werent to good.
i would rather wait for a completly new game instead of paying £20 for a few extra levels.

Consoles would end up like PC, constantly releasing crap games (sorry). Please dont let this happen.

in the end its not worth it.
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
what about the Metal gear solid special missions disc? or Grand Theft Auto London?

But youre right, there should be more.
Thu 05/07/01 at 10:58
Why on all consoles is their never any add on discs. On P.C there is loads, just look at command and conquer you've got aftermath, counterstrike. It's the same with half life and the sims, personally for an extra 15 quid i think these are great, you almost get an extra game which is always a bonus. This means you keep getting updates all the way through until the next game comes through. But you never see these on any consoles, why is this? If it's because there is no hard drive bwill this change with the introduction of the PS2 harddrive (Due out in July 19th in Japan) i hope so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.