GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo R.I.P"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/01 at 22:32
Regular
Now what would happen if Nintendo were no longer to be? A company that has closed down and becomes another victim of the cruel business world?

The response of the Playstation fans would be that of celebration as now they can indeed gloat to their disappointed Nintendo loving friends. Yet would the demise of one of the world’s greatest games console be a positive effect on the Playstation?

Lets go back in time, imagine if Nintendo and Rare never made it to the N64 and they had to shut down. What effect would that have on gaming? Mario 64 a revolution in it self, where would we be without the worlds most famous plumber in his amazing 3D world, how far would that set back the evolution of gaming, Zelda that has probably been the greatest influence to many games on all formats now what would some of the games be like without it not as good as they could be that is for sure.

Goldeneye! Now where would first person shooters be without it? No Timesplitters that's for sure, how far would this genre be set back before some clever designers tries to reshape the first person shooter genre in the way Goldeneye did.

Now back to the present what could we be missing out on if the Gamecube fails and Nintendo force to shut their doors for the last time? We may never know which is why I say long live Nintendo because many of us may not think you are the best (I do though) but everyone will have to agree they have helped make gaming what it is today and will help make it what will be.

Here's to the future

Dringo
Sun 08/07/01 at 01:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
They could have been sued for "GayStation".

Anyway, Ortega mayman! Wanna have an argument? There's the very promising subject of optical discs vs DVDs that needs debating!
Sun 08/07/01 at 01:02
Regular
yeah typical quotes from that console. "dreampants" "greystation" "playstation poo" i'm surprised they didnt come up with gaystation.
Sun 08/07/01 at 00:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DeltaJava wrote:
> The NOM writers are weird.

They are also gay and childish. I have more maturity in my toenail.
Sat 07/07/01 at 23:48
Regular
"Back in black"
Don't get me started!! If you want to argue go to the NOM topic in chat. I am not ruining this one with more agruments!!

My Ninty not R.I.P
Sat 07/07/01 at 23:09
The NOM writers are weird.
Sat 07/07/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Back in black"
Don't get into an argument with him over NOM, he didn't get very far but it was pointless.
Sat 07/07/01 at 02:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
But it was a stupid thing to say, wasn't it!
Sat 07/07/01 at 02:08
Regular
Good old Turbonutter!
Sat 07/07/01 at 02:08
Regular
The nutter, Turbonutter.
Sat 07/07/01 at 02:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Who?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.