GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who like Tomb Raider."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/01 at 18:57
Regular
As a matter of interest, who actually LIKE Tomb Raider? I personally didn't like it, and I can't really believe its popularity.

Maybe gamers bought it for "other" reasons. After all, the graphics DID get better...
Sat 07/07/01 at 11:13
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
My friend might be taking me to see Tomb Raider today. I don't know if he got the tickets though. If not, I'll probably see it next Saturday.

I have Tomb Raiders 1,3 and 4 for my PSX and I must say they get better in each installment.

I've played both Tomb Raider 2 ( without a doubt, the best Tomb Raider ) and 5 ( on the Dreamcast ). 5 Isn't that good but TR 2 rules! I got to the level called "40 Fathoms" and then I got stuck.

I think that Lara's popularity will go down very soon though. With a second film in the pipe line, I think that Lara's demise is near. A 2nd film will be a big mistake if you ask me.

Anyone agree with my conspiracy theory?
Sat 07/07/01 at 10:49
Regular
Well, the original TR was interesting and a bit different, but from then on the series has just been essentially expensive extra levels for the same, now rather boring, game.
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like Tomb Raider - The sequels though are no more than add ons so why do we have to pay full price for them??
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Ö=ResŒvilfan=Ö wrote:
A cheat to get her clothes off would just show
2 more squares underneath.

Yeah, I like that one! It's funny because it's true.

The reason everyone liked the first Tomb Raider was because it WAS a new era of gaming back then. But looking back now, yeah, she did have triangular breasts.
The reason the other 4 went on to be sucessful was because Tomb Raider and indeed Lara Croft have become somewhat of a cult with its following of four year olds.
And a few 5 year olds.
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Back For Good"
everyone went mad over tomb raider, It was a new "era" and a hot babe which everyone was gagging for a nude cheat. the truth is the graphics were AWFUL, Lara had triangler you know whats that flicked all the time. A cheat to get her clothes off would just show 2 more squares underneath.

The game is very good when you get into it but some bits are still looking for a needle in a haystack. Much clearer with texture mapping. I don't think it would be popular without some chick with double D's.
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
She sells sea shells on the sea shore?
Who Lara?!
I'm there!
Anyway, I only really enjoyed the original Tomb Raider, and maybe Tomb Raider 3.A little. Ahem.
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
OK, change all instances of "Like" into "Likes" in my post.

I really don't know how that happened! I think my "S" key is dodgy. I missed the "S" out of the middle of "Mascots" in my last post as well.

he ell ea hell on the ea hore.

(Gue the phrae!)
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I liked Tomb Raider2.
Wed 04/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
Likes?

No.
Wed 04/07/01 at 18:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
As a matter of interest, who actually LIKE Tomb Raider? I personally didn't like it, and I can't really believe its popularity.

Maybe gamers bought it for "other" reasons. After all, the graphics DID get better...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.