GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have a Question on HALO, it is for experienced players only."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Mon 28/06/04 at 05:48
Regular
"thanks, Wanderer"
on the mp, some times when you die it will say "you were killed by the Gardians" what in the hell is "the gardians"? and i have checked all the names of the people playing, there were no "Gardians". Some one please enlightin me.
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's just a quirk of the physics engine that bodies have a mass, and therefore can cause damage. Same as a vehicle falling on you, except that's classed as a collision even if no-one is in the car. Nothing to get too excited about.
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:44
Regular
"\\"
Well... The finger on the trigger of gun isn't that player is it? Ha!

*leaves*
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Like when you take a shot at someone who's sniping at you - you can both kill each other at the same time, but it's 2 kills - not "killed by the Guardians".
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:40
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Hi. This is when you're killed by something not caused by another
> player, an explosion, gunfire, vehicles or falling.

Gunfire; not caused by other players?
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've had it in Slayer and CTF modes - it's part of the game physics. I've even seen it happen in the single player game to unwitting AI team-mates
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:43
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Its on the Flag mode...Guardians haven't seen it anywhere else tho
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:04
Regular
"8==="
Really? That's strange.
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hi. This is when you're killed by something not caused by another player, an explosion, gunfire, vehicles or falling. Happens mostly when you're fighting at close quarters and someone drops a grenade - the velocity of the dead player's body is enough to kill you, as per the physics of the game. But no-one gets the kill, hence "killed by the Guardians".
Mon 28/06/04 at 06:18
Regular
Are you playing CTF? The 'Guardians' may be referring to the protectors of the other flag - your enemies.

I haven't played MP for a while now, and I don't recall it mentioning any guardians - although I rarely took notice of the announcements :)
Mon 28/06/04 at 05:48
Regular
"thanks, Wanderer"
on the mp, some times when you die it will say "you were killed by the Gardians" what in the hell is "the gardians"? and i have checked all the names of the people playing, there were no "Gardians". Some one please enlightin me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.