GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harvest Moon - Chapter 3 (+4)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon'.
Mon 05/07/04 at 18:34
"period drama"
And teh last shred of hope flutters away on the ever-breeze, drifts into nowhere - outside time, forgotten.

Indeed.

Even less happens than in Chapter 2.
Your son gets bigger, your house gets bigger, Hugh and Lumina get bigger.

That's it.
That really is it.

How painfully dissapointing. I can't be bothered to do this anymore, so ....

I slept for a year. And everything's fine - all my trees (including all 9 3rd-generation ones) are full size, nothing has died, nothing has exploded. One of my cows got ill in Autumn - so I gave it some medicene.

Feed the chickens every now and again, check nothing else is sick. And you can sleep and sleep with no problems.

I'll shoot through the rest of Chapter 3 tonight or tomorrow, bring you up to date on 4 when I'm there. Then perhaps play the game properly - although I've pretty much done everything there is to do already, so meh.
Mon 05/07/04 at 18:34
"period drama"
And teh last shred of hope flutters away on the ever-breeze, drifts into nowhere - outside time, forgotten.

Indeed.

Even less happens than in Chapter 2.
Your son gets bigger, your house gets bigger, Hugh and Lumina get bigger.

That's it.
That really is it.

How painfully dissapointing. I can't be bothered to do this anymore, so ....

I slept for a year. And everything's fine - all my trees (including all 9 3rd-generation ones) are full size, nothing has died, nothing has exploded. One of my cows got ill in Autumn - so I gave it some medicene.

Feed the chickens every now and again, check nothing else is sick. And you can sleep and sleep with no problems.

I'll shoot through the rest of Chapter 3 tonight or tomorrow, bring you up to date on 4 when I'm there. Then perhaps play the game properly - although I've pretty much done everything there is to do already, so meh.
Mon 05/07/04 at 18:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
What did you expect? The game is painfully slow and unrewarding. You realise that Chapter 3 will be about 20 years long, right?
Mon 05/07/04 at 18:51
Regular
": ("
Although it has its bad points, its a great idea, just needs a few improvements. I'm in the second year and im enjoying it.

When Im in Chapter 3/4 i'll probably start a new game and marry a different girl to see what happens.
Mon 05/07/04 at 18:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Not that much, to be honest. You'll just find that there are a few different NPC comments and your son looks different.

The game is good for the first year, but then you realise that Natsume haven't actually put that much in the game. It could have been so much more fuull to the brim with events and things like that, but it's just not. :'(
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:01
Regular
One of the most dissapointing parts of the game was the Fetivals you had.

HA HA HA!!!

They were so crap, everyone just stands there and then its over.

HA HA HA!!!

Oh and the dialog is awful...but I still love the game.

:)
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I started a new year today as well, I think it's the same one you started. My Son got bigger and the house got bigger but that's about it. I also just bought the Milking Room (I don't have any cows though) and now I'm saving for the Food Processing Room. But after I get that I think it'll just be a case of running the farm.
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:33
Regular
There are alot of poor parts of the game but I can ignore that and actually enjoy what good things it has to offer, I love the idea of building your farm and getting as much money as possible.

There are loads of secrets in this game though.

Does the house grow any bigger when the second year is over?
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:37
"period drama"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> There are alot of poor parts of the game but I can ignore that and
> actually enjoy what good things it has to offer, I love the idea of
> building your farm and getting as much money as possible.

But there's nothing to build after the milking and food processing room. I've got 250,000 G now, and nothing to spend it on.

> There are loads of secrets in this game though.

No there aren't.

> Does the house grow any bigger when the second year is over?

When the second chapter is over, yes - which lasts 2 years.
Your kid gets a room .... oooh, exciting.
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> There are loads of secrets in this game though.

Yea, I just found out that you can have milk drinking contests with some kid. And there's the funny little game you can play with the guys who live in that tower thingy.
Mon 05/07/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> But there's nothing to build after the milking and food processing
> room. I've got 250,000 G now, and nothing to spend it on.

Yea I find that to be the biggest problem, I just need to buy the Food Processing Room and that'll be me. The game runs for 30 years, but you're pretty much going to be finished everything within the first 5.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.