GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic for PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/07/01 at 18:52
Regular
Mabye I'm being hopeful but does anyone know, now that SEGA is going multiplatform, of any plans to have a Sonic game on the PS2 and what do you think of the idea?
Fri 06/07/01 at 21:37
With the colapse of DREAMCAST in was only a matter of time before the likes of SEGA were going to sign up with a successful console manufacturer i.e SONY(No1) and along with that comes the likes of sonic, who in his own right, has amassed quite a following. So the likely hood of a new sonic title is inevitable, in my opinion
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I just think its great that Sonic is going on different consoles.
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I would no-way buy an ageing console that's on the verge of death for £70 just so I can play a few Sonic games.
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:15
Buy a Dreamcast and you can play it today! Sonic adventure 2 is deffinately the last for a sega machine and there is no way they would stop making a sonic game so it coming PS2? I would prefer Sonic to go to the Gamecube maybe a Mario/Sonic team up game, now that would be good!
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sonic R was the biggest thing that the Saturn could offer to me, but the PSone was far more enticing. I miss the little guy, but as far as I've heard it wasn't much to miss.

Sonic games I want on the PS2:

Sonic 3D, but proper 3D

Sonic Racing Evolution (predicted title)

Sonic 4 (sequel to Sonic 3, 2D)

Sonic Anthology

Sonic Adventure 3 WITH GREEN HILL ZONE!!!!
Fri 06/07/01 at 10:22
A Sonic game would be superb for the PS2, although Ild make the game a mix of all the best elements from the best games. Essentially it would be an RPG set in a Fantasy World that Robotnic is turning into Reality !

That would set the scene for Sonic to stop Robotnic, the first few levels would be all running around with a little interaction like Sonic Adventure, with a few puzzles...However as Reality emerged Sonic would start to be effected as the other creatures, growing stubble, and getting a manly voice. He would slow down, and be forced to Drive Fast Cars (Like Crazy Taxi, Driver), fight with his fists (Like Teken) and Gun Down His Enemys as he fights his way up the Robotnic Tower Complex (Like Goldeneye).

He would then meet Robotnic For The Final Showdown, who would now be a Massive Robotnic Robot (Like in Sonic2)....However there would be a twist, when killed Robotnic would have become a Fluffly Animal (As he was Human in the Fantasy World)...

Then Sonic would wake up an realise it was all a Dream.

OK I just want to see Sonic as a Hard Fighting Character with Facial stuble and Big Guns...it could happen!
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:56
I hope to be looking forward to a Sonic Adventure 3 on the PS2, which was my original idea.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:51
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I think a PS2 sonic game would be best if it was back to its roots Mega Drive stylee only with enhanced graphics, less linear gameplay and enhanched graphics. A karting game would merely cheapen Sonic. If he is to appear in any game from now on it would have to be a Sonic game, not a bit part in a spin-off sonic game.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:47
Mabye not.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:47
Sonic running, robotnic in his machine. Sounds like we're getting back to Sonic R. Good ideas though. Maybe a device to lift Knuckles to a high altitude so he can glide down at an accelerating pace.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.