GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega's style..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/07/01 at 12:08
Regular
Well as most of you will know, Sega make a whole load of original game famous around the world. These games are fun and always a joy to have a go on.

I Was just wondering from your personal experiences, what is it that makes the games so fun, wacky,original and mnay more things.

IS it the way they have some groovy characters or maybe the fac that graphics are funny or that some modes in teir games are unique.

So please tell me why YOU the player thinks they are good or enjoyable.

T_W
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:12
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Sorry again. Third time lucky maybe.

TOTAL Anihalation

There we go.
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:10
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Sorry, TOTAL Anahalation
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah, but so is Total Anihalation.
Sun 01/07/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Paragraphs are good.
Sun 01/07/01 at 14:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Listen Turbo. You've got to be mean. Let me re-phrase that for you.

Ahem.....

Make a choice sunshine. Paragraphs or TOTAL annihalation!
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Make a choice. Paragraphs or annihalation.
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:11
"I love yo... lamp."
What makes games fun is when there is something in it that has not been in a game before. Like the Kudos thing in MSR or when a game is the first in its genre or at least the one that everyone associates with that genre. Jet Set Radio was excellent because there was not really any games already out that were like it. Command & Conquer was wonderful because it was one of the first and most memorable RTS games. But being first or most memorable is not everything as the games itself has to be good aswell. JSR had good graphics and controls and was fun to play. C&C was also good at the controls and was a massive game, especially if like me you ever tried to make an army of a thousand or more men and marched them into the enemys base, just to watch te carnage. Also it was a multiplayer game for over the net. It was not the first in its genre, Dune was before it, but it was the epitome of RTS. Super Mario 64 was so beautiful because it brought something new to Mario, 3D. But all good games are the ones that you can lose yourself in and live a life of fantasy. Goldeneye was the best game on the N64 I think because being James Bond was something that has always appealled to me. The best games are made by either Sega or Nintendo. They have the experience and expertixe that no one else still around have. Sega if you like stylish original games. Nintendo if you get attached to characters and want to play that game in different settings, ie Zelda is coming up for release number nine as people like Link and keep wanting to play Zelda. I like both Sega and Nintendo as only they can really make gaming come alive. Sony have not, for me any way. Whether or not the X-box can remains to be seen as they will have Sega games.
Biggles
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
gameplayer1 (gm)
n.

see: FantasyMeister

~FM.dictionary.org
Sun 01/07/01 at 12:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
game1 (gm)
n.
An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.

A competitive activity or sport in which players contend with each other according to a set of rules: the game of basketball; the game of gin rummy.
A single instance of such an activity: We lost the first game.
games An organized athletic program or contest: track-and-field games; took part in the winter games.
A period of competition or challenge: It was too late in the game to change the schedule of the project.

The total number of points required to win a game: One hundred points is game in bridge.
The score accumulated at any given time in a game: The game is now 14 to 12.
The equipment needed for playing certain games: packed the children's games in the car.
A particular style or manner of playing a game: improved my tennis game with practice.
Informal.
An active interest or pursuit, especially one involving competitive engagement or adherence to rules: “the way the system operates, the access game, the turf game, the image game” (Hedrick Smith).
A business or occupation; a line: the insurance game.
An illegal activity; a racket.
Informal.
Evasive, trifling, or manipulative behavior: wanted a straight answer, not more of their tiresome games.
A calculated strategy or approach; a scheme: I saw through their game from the very beginning.
Mathematics. A model of a competitive situation that identifies interested parties and stipulates rules governing all aspects of the competition, used in game theory to determine the optimal course of action for an interested party.

Wild animals, birds, or fish hunted for food or sport.
The flesh of these animals, eaten as food.

An object of attack, ridicule, or pursuit: The press considered the candidate's indiscretions to be game.
Mockery; sport: The older children teased and made game of the newcomer.

~dictionary.com
Sun 01/07/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
No... the definition of gaming is:

NINTENDO

It's true, It's true. Look it up in the dictionary!

(... and add it if it isn't there...)

^_^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.