GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whoah, whoah.....WHAOH!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 20:35
Regular
": ("
I've just been speaking to this guy on some other forum and he was telling me how his Japanese Dreamcast broke because he plugged it into a UK socket without using a Step-down convertor. This then reminded me that I am waiting a US GBA SP, does this mean I need a step-down convertor?

Please say no because i've bought a UK charger for it and I'd be very upset if I plugged in the GBA SP and it blew up or something.

I still haven't got my GBA SP yet and i'm really regretting ordering it from Ebay (expecially from someone in Canada).

Please help me.
Wed 14/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
I've bought a UK charger thingy for my GBA so that it can plug into my UK socket, whats wrong with that?

Bullett said he done it.

*points*

I've spoken to the guy again and he said that he will be sending the GBA as a Gift and will mark it with a low price so no Import taxes for me!

However, i'm starting to notice by looking at the way hes saying things that hes annoyed.

Question : If i've sent a cheque to him and it's gone out of my bank but not into his, how do I cancel the cheque and who cancels it, me or him?

Thank you.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:44
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Can't be bothered going back through this thread to see if the answer was given but there's a lot of madness being posted here on the first page.

You can't plug it into a UK supply, changing the plug so it fits would be utterly insane and would destroy your GBA SP.

Why not buy a USB charger for the GBA and just use that.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> I was obviously pretending to be my dad because I dont want the guy
> to know hes speaking to a 14 year old!
>
> I hope he understands.

I'm sure he does.

If he offers you sweets and a good time round his with plenty of KY, please accept.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
"\\"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> What does 'ciao' mean???

I'm sure i told you what it meant weeks ago in the Xbox forum.

And it's Hello AND goodbye in Italian.
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:28
Regular
"French the Fries!"
If you really wanted to sound like a father, instead of saying GBA SP, you should of said 'his little gaget thingy'. ;)

Anyway... good luck to you, because a lot of ebay users are very unforgiving, but if you are starting a new account it shouldn't matter too much.
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:18
Regular
I've told him that i'm going on Hliday 22nd July and that my son is really upset that he wont have the GBA SP then so I will be cancelling the cheque and that i'm very sorry for the inconvienience.

I was obviously pretending to be my dad because I dont want the guy to know hes speaking to a 14 year old!

I hope he understands.
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:06
Regular
Hmm...I'm tempting but I dont know what to say.

I think the guy cashed in the cheque on 7th July and it takes 21 days to clear so I still have about 3 weks until I get it.

My Ebay Feedback is back enough but I think i'm gonna get a new account soon anyway.

So, any ideas on what I should say?

And can I cancel the cheque because he has already put it in his account?
Tue 13/07/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Strid, to be honest if I were you I'd be looking at a way out of this deal with the eBay guy (well if I were you I'd never have done it in the first place but nevermind).

Cancel the cheque, email the seller with some excuse about banking mess up or something, at worst you get one eBay warning and a negative, then take your cash and buy a UK one, return that power thing you have bought, or sell it on. Normally I would not say back out of an eBay deal, but this is a mad one.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:31
Regular
But UK plugs are different to American plugs...

There is no universal plug.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:29
"The Will of D."
Surely since all GB games previous and present are universal surely the hardware is too? Even an sp?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.